May 29, 2010

Ch. 3 - Finding You Part 1

 dreams upon a pillow

"It's going to be cold around here. The night will fall soon. My plane will leave on Wednesday around seven. We should take care of this matter now."
dreams upon a pillow

"Okay, Madam, I'm going to wake her up."
dreams upon a pillow
dreams upon a pillow
dreams upon a pillow 



Rosaline opened her eyes and found herself lying on a red carpet. Her eyes covered with haze and her neck felt so stiff.  


She stood and shook her head to get a clear view of the surroundings.
Photobucket 

"Where am I?" 
Running to face the window, she  looked at the hill. She was on the upper floor of the house, villa or -- whatever the place was.
dreams upon a pillow 

The pain was still immersed in her head when she heard footsteps behind the closed door. The sounds stopped, but a low creaking sound of the door being opened stimulated her heart to beat rapidly than before. Someone was standing behind the door, looking at her -- probably with a furious look on her or his face.  Her instinct to escape burst out through her chest, yet... she knew it was already too late for her. 
dreams upon a pillow 

"It seems I shouldn't be bothered to wake you up." said the man with a black tuxedo behind her.



At White Residence:
dreams upon a pillow


I could not believe myself  sleeping on the bench while Rose hasn't come home yet. Where could she be at this time of evening?


She might have decided to stay over at her friend's house, but when I  phoned them, they said that they have not seen her.
dreams upon a pillow 


There has not a single phone call from her. It isn't like her. She used to call me if she's going somewhere and not coming home. 
dreams upon a pillow

The worry is about to explode in my head as I think about of all these facts. It's important to think straight at the moment. "Think, think straight! Where could she be right now?"

dreams upon a pillow 

"Rose, where are you?"


dreams upon a pillow 

I cannot stay here  any longer. "I must find her!"

dreams upon a pillow 

I search for Rose in the library, grocery store, city park, and even graveyard -- place where she loves to hang out --  still she is nowhere to be found. My heart races with worries and it's almost morning as I decide to go to Mr. Pivert's house to find Pierre. I heard that he has returned from Bali for a week. Maybe if we search for Rose together, we will find her sooner.
dreams upon a pillow 

We split up to find her. I look for Rose in public places while Pierre is searching for her in her school and her friend's houses.
dreams upon a pillow 

Mr. Fouchier is around in the park with his children. I must ask him about Rose. 
dreams upon a pillow

"Monsieur, do you know where she is? She hasn't come home."
dreams upon a pillow 

"I'm sorry, lad. I didn't drive her home because my wife was sick. She said that she would go straight home. I don't know where could she be right now."
dreams upon a pillow 

If he doesn't know, then... who else?
dreams upon a pillow
Annabelle?
She's standing in front of a Café near the park. However, she isn't helping. She blames me for Rose's disappearance.
dreams upon a pillow
The argument with her will only be a waste of time. It  would be better if I use it  to find Rose instead.
dreams upon a pillow 
At time of panic like this my stomach is growling. It's almost noon, but I haven't found her.
dreams upon a pillow

I could not find her even in Ms. Girard's house. I was hoping that she was there to help Ms. Girard with her garden. 
dreams upon a pillow

My mind could not rest until she was found. I call Pierre to know about his progress.
dreams upon a pillow

Pierre hasn't able to find her too.
dreams upon a pillow 

The fog is coming over my head, but a sparkling object on the ground catches my attention. It looks like her bracelet. The one I gave her the other day.  Perhaps, it's just a similar bracelet from the same store, but my instinct tells me  that she is somewhere nearby or at least was around before she got lost.
dreams upon a pillow

The place looks  luxurious that it makes the possibility of Rose inside there is so little. She doesn't have a rich friend or knows someone who might have lived there.
dreams upon a pillow
The guy standing in front of the mansion seems quite suspicious, though. He looks around like he's guarding the place. I call Pierre to inform him about the bracelet and my suspicion about the house. 
dreams upon a pillow,dreams upon a pillow

However, my existence is known to the guard.
dreams upon a pillow,dreams upon a pillow

It seems I have to try to get inside the house.


"I'm sorry. I'm a tourist here and I'm a bit lost. My cell battery is dead. If you don't mind, may I go inside your house to use your phone?"

"Heh!" The man snorts. "I know what you're up to. You want to go inside so you can steal everything inside while my boss is not around, heh?"

"Your boss? So...  you are..."

"Yes, I'm the bodyguard here. I keep this place safe when my boss is not around."

"Who is your boss?"

 "It's none of your business."


 **

I walk away, hiding behind a tree, waiting for the guard to leave the house. I dial Pierre's numbers again -- asking him to come here and bring a disguise to distract the guard's attention.

"You once told me that you're studying Art and often do theatrical performances. Why don't you bring your custom or anything that you had worn in your performances?"

"What for?"

"I'll tell you later."

dreams upon a pillow

"Are you sure that she's there inside the mansion? Why don't we just call the police?" Pierre has arrived and he's asking me for the reasons I told him to come here. I noticed his wig and the make up.

"There's no time. We might lose time if we waited for the police. We don't have any proof beside this bracelet and that doesn't prove a lot. You should distract the guard so I can go inside the mansion to check whether Rose is inside or not. If I find her, I will give you a signal through the window and you should call the police soon. "

 "But, what if they catch you, but Rose isn't there? The guard will probably call the police."

 "I will find an excuse for that. If that happen, I'll find a way. Hey, why are you wearing this hair anyway?"

"Well, you said anything that I often wore in my performances. I was in a rush and this hair was the only thing in my mind at that time."

"Oh, and you managed to put make ups?"


He's weird.


"Well whatever it is, you should go there and distract the guard. This time he let the door open."

"Okay. Good luck."

"We need more than luck this time, Pierre

 I have no idea from where my bravery came. All  I can think of  is to find Rose as soon as possible. 
dreams upon a pillow
Pierre does seem convincing enough, though.
dreams upon a pillow

I sneak into the mansion.
dreams upon a pillow

And he keeps the guard's attention away.
dreams upon a pillow
dreams upon a pillow 
"Thanks, Pierre. I owe you this time."
But my foot accidentally stomps on a small can.
dreams upon a pillow 
The clatter brings the alarm -- a.k.a. the guard's awareness.
dreams upon a pillow
He's standing behind me.
dreams upon a pillow,dreams upon a pillow 

"I told you not to come inside. Why do you come and who are you?”

I turn around "As I've said I'm a lost tourist and I wanted to borrow your phone." 

"Do you think I'm going to believe that?"


 He attacks me with his foot right. Fortunately, I notice him and quickly duck my head to avoid his kick.
dreams upon a pillow,dreams upon a pillow 

dreams upon a pillow


The guard knows Martial Arts. Pierre is running  inside the mansion. 

"Watch out!" He warns me. The guard's trying to plant his fist into my stomach.

"Go now and find Rose!" 

"Okay!"
dreams upon a pillow

I  never thought that I would use and practice everything that I have learned from Mr. Chevalier so suddenly and in a real fight.
dreams upon a pillow

I muster up force and then knock the guard down with unexpected fist over his neck.
dreams upon a pillow 

"Is he dead?" Pierre shrieks as the guard falls onto the ground.

"Nope. He fainted. Have you found Rose?"

"I haven't, but I found these keys." 

"Good, we should split  now."

"Are you sure you're not going to take these keys with you?"
dreams upon a pillow

"I'm sure. Go ahead and search for her upstairs. I'm going to look for her here."
dreams upon a pillow


Unexplainable, I feel  Rose is standing behind the door  before me.  I grab the door handle. It's unlock.

Before I could open it, someone has already turned the door handle around.
dreams upon a pillow

"I've been wondering who made all those noises."
A woman is standing in front of me. I think I have met her before.
"Have we met? Your face seems so familiar, young man."
dreams upon a pillow


Rose is there, standing behind the woman whom I met couple of months ago. 



To Be Continued

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pierre, you are a complicated fellow.

Once again, Annabelle and Val argue. Those two just don't have good timing. Now, why did the mysterious lady kidnap Rose? I have a theory but I'm sure it's wrong. You always keep me guessing, M.J.!

I'm glad your blog is showing the new update on our lists. Whew!

Dee said...

ROFL at Pierre and his costume.

I can't help it. I still believe the kidnappers are related to Rose in some way.

MJ, everytime I read your updates I just get so in to them. It's like reading a book.

Di Al Martini said...

Hello Chrysame and Dee. Good morning. It's morning here ;) I love to open my blog and seeing your comments here. Pierre is a hopeless romantic. He put his hands on his chest autonomously and it was appropriate for that moment, Lol.
@ Chrysame, it seems you really put an attention to Annabelle and Val ;) Annabelle is still a teen and even though she's slightly different now, her emotions are still unstable. She is a local there, and those arguments are autonomously. Oh, I wonder what your theories are.
@Dee, as I've said it would not be too long until she finally finds out about her real parents ;)Thanks for keeping up.

Dee said...

Please don't keep us waiting too long. I just have to know.

Anonymous said...

I want to know! I just like little Annabelle. I'm not sure why but I want something happy for her. Not Val as he's not the one for her. He's got another destiny. But, Annabelle really interests me.

See, you hooked me in with a secondary character as well!

Di Al Martini said...

Glad that you like her, Chrysame. Something about her interested me too. I want her to be happy as well. You will still see her around. Actually, when her relationship ended with Val, according to Twallan SP, she became Morel Pascal (local-French) girlfriend. But, not very long, Twallan SP reported that they had broken up. I guess that probably would happen to her, as I wrote in chapter two that she had a boyfriend in Canada, but somehow they broke up. I guess she meant for something bigger that is to fulfill her own dreams. Oh, I am starting to talk like she is a real person :P

Jen said...

I was so worried for Rose and wonder what the hell happened to. Who took her and why?

And oh Pierre, loved his costume! lol

Wonderful shots in this chapter, they really told the story and showed what the characters were going through. Well done!