March 5, 2010

Chapter Two - Holding On Together

Photobucket

Year 2000 – Sunset Valley 
Theme Song : I'll be Your Love" by Nicole Scherzinger
Photobucket
"You can't catch me, son!"
Photobucket
"Val, honey, it's already noon now!" 

His mother were shouting gently at them.

The family was having a picnic at Sunset Valley's beach. Both Valentin and Rosaline were there and also their parents who were still alive at that time.

Photobucket
"Honey, do you think she will be okay?"
"Yeah, she'll be fine.  She just hasn't remembered about anything yet. She must had a hard concussion on her head. She will be fine with us, Helen. Don't worry." 
"I hope. Eve would love that."
Photobucket
"There you are." said six years old Valentin to four years old Rosaline. 
Photobucket
 It was a perfect day to enjoy a sunset on the beach.

"Peek-a-boo… I can see you. Who is that with big nose and huge eyes?"
Photobucket
Valentin and Rosaline had never seen their parents arguing.  Their affection on another were the most beautiful sight Valentin had ever seen. 
Photobucket
Year 2010:
Photobucket
Though their parents  had already gone, those memories were still clear inside their minds.
Photobucket
"Grape seed planted now will bear fruits in the future
It will produce good fruits with enough attentions and enough care
Photobucket
But, it can also grow in sandy or rocky soil." 

Rosaline propped on her knees while she was planting the grape seed on the ground. The air was fresh. She loved the smell of the soil and plants in the morning.

Photobucket 
That day was her day off from work.

"What are you doing there, Rose?" Valentin  grinned and squinted his eyes.

Photobucket 
"You will still look the same, no matter how long you stared at the mirror."
"Ouch.." Rosaline cried when she tried to squeeze her acnes without a luck. Her face turned red instead. "It's none of your business. You're just being jealous because you cannot do stuffs like girls without making yourself feel embarrassed."
"Hah? Like girls? Why would I want to? You see, I've always wondered why  those reds are growing so flourish upon your face, Rose." 
Roseline raised her eyebrows. " It's perfectly normal. It's telling me that I'm growing up and I will  become a mature lady soon."
 Valentin chuckled.
Photobucket
"But, you're only sixteen now. Come on! Get out! Or do you want to see me doing this in front of you?" Valentin winked his eyes.

"Ugh, of course not!"  Rosaline quickly stepped out of the bathroom.

Valentin chuckled. "By the way," he said, opening the lid of the toilet. "Don't forget we're going to the Nectary today."
Photobucket
Back  then, when they were just  little kids, Valentin and Rosaline loved running on the hill to the Nectary and then stomped on the grapes while making loud noises, laughing and teasing with each other. After they both grew up, they could not fit into one bucket together, so that day  Rosaline stomped on the grapes  while Valentine were only watching and laughing at her. 
"Are you sure you have washed your feet, Rose?"
"Of course. They're perfectly clean now. Want to smell them?" Rosaline raised her leg and moved her toes about  in front of him.
"No thank you." Valentin pinched his nose. "how 'bout your boils, have you cleaned them?"
Photobucket
"Val!" Rosaline fell  inside the bucket. "You're making me fall here. Of course, I don't have those!"

Photobucket
"Ha-ha-ha."

Photobucket
"Stop laughing! It's not easy. I think it's harder now than when we were a child back then."
"I believe you, Rose."
" it's so sticky in here. Tell me, why are we doing this again?"
"One thing for sure, I don't want to taste that nectar, Rose."

Photobucket
"So- "  Rosaline hopped out of the bucket, one hand on her hip. "Do you think you can do it better than me, Monsieur?"
Photobucket
Valentin lifted his chin, placing his hand on his hip too."Of course, it's easy."
"Let's see it then!"
"I don't think the bucket could hold my weight anymore. I'm a grown man, Rose."

Photobucket
"Hah! You're just scared that you will fall." Rosaline giggled.
" I am not." He tickled her.
"Ha-ha-ha, stop it, Val. Stop it"

Photobucket
Valentin rushed off to the store, but  that day he had a rough time. A customer accused him for selling damage items. "You tried to trick me, didn't you?"

"No, Monsieur, I didn't."
Photobucket
The incident left him with bad mood  the entire day-- until  it was 5 p.m already, a time for him to come home. On his way, he met Rosaline.
"Val?"
Photobucket
"Arrgh!" He shouted.
Photobucket 
"Could you believe it? I almost lost my patience back there."
"It's okay. It's over now. The most important thing is that you didn't do it."
Photobucket
He smiled. Rosaline could always make him feel better. It wasn't long until  Madeline ran into them. 
"I am lucky to see you here. Hey,  handsome, how are you?"
"Madeline, nice to see you too."
"Would you like to accompany me tomorrow to see  France? I am going to leave Friday, and I want to see the museum before I leave. Please.." Madeline gave him a hopeful look.
"Alright." Valentin said. " Tomorrow at six?"
Madeline smiled. "It's a date."

The next day, Valentin brought Rosaline with him.

"She  knows lots of  places. Besides, she doesn't have anything to do right now. She was thrilled when I asked her out."

"Really?" Madeline said in a low tone. It wasn't going to be the date she was expected.

Photobucket



   
Photobucket
Almost the entire afternoon, she must put up with those two teasing and laughing at each other.
Photobucket
If only Rosaline wasn't his sister, Madeline would have asked her to leave.
Photobucket
And so the perfect date turned out to be a perfect boring day, thanks to Valentin's little stalker. 
Photobucket
Valentin noticed it though, but he didn't intended the meeting to be a romantic date either. 
Photobucket
Yet, Rosaline seemed to be the oblivious among the two.  She didn't realize  the uncomfortable atmosphere and Madeline's peevish stare at her.  Gladly, she took Madeline to a ruin in France and  told her about the history of it.
Photobucket
Fortunately for Madeline, as the sun  hid  below the horizon, she finally had a time to be alone with him.. 
Photobucket
She should not waste it. She would leave soon, so it's now or never. Taking a deep breath, she planted a kiss upon his lips, but Valentin managed to turn his face away when she could almost reach him.
Photobucket
"Madeline." he said, pushing her gently. " Don't you think this is quite rush?."
"Why? Don't you  like me?"
"I like you. but I must take Rosaline home now. You can go to your hotel by yourself, can you?"


Photobucket
Instead of going home, Valentin decided to play catch with Rosaline near the lake. The moonlight fell on the water, brightening her hair and shimmering her face.
Photobucket
"Val, can you catch me?" Rosaline shouted,  running on the hill. 
Photobucket
"Is that all you can do?"
" I'll catch you, Rose!"
Photobucket
  Rosaline's feet stomped on a rock. 
Photobucket
Valentin caught her before she hit the ground.
"Thanks." She said, leaning over his shoulder. Valentin was holding her around her waist. Her delicate skin and his met. Her softness put the heart vibes in him. 
If only she  knew,  he thought.
Photobucket
 "See, I can catch you, Rose." He smiled
Photobucket
and then made funny faces together.

To Be Continued

5 comments:

Dee said...

Great update again.

It's so sad that they lost their parents but the picture of peek a boo is very cute.

It looks like Madeline has a problem with his little sister being around.

I agree, Valentin, I wouldn't want to drink that wine either. :D

M.J. said...

Thanks Dee. I love how a child and a toddler can interact in The Sims 3. Madeline was quite rushed there and
Rosaline's presence made it harder for her ;)

Dee said...

That's a good thing. About Madeline I mean. Valentin deserves better. :)

I love the new interactions with the kids and toddlers too. I hope we get even more later.

Dee said...

Found it. Thanks for letting me know.

Jen said...

Lovely flash back scenes. They seemed like a happy family, such a shame what happened to their parents.

They way Valentin and Rosaline interact is so funny. I guess since they are brother and sister they enjoy making fun of each other.

Madeline seems very persistent on Valentin, makes me laugh how he thinks of ways to escape her. lol