April 11, 2010

Chapter Six: Annabelle

Theme Song: "Is This Love" by Whitesnake

Photobucket 

I have just come home from Pierre's house when I saw Annabelle inside our house. I wonder if Val is around? If not, how did she get in here?
 
She's sitting in our dining room and had eaten a can of ice cream from our fridge. I would not mind really, but I was going to make Pomegranate Ice Cream with it. How could I make one when she had eaten all up until nothing left?
 
I try to find Val, but I cannot find him everywhere. He isn't around and still hasn't come home yet.  He's probably in the lake to catch fish. The air in the night could be  very cold, should I go there and bring him a jacket and a hot chocolate? But, Annabelle is in our house. I could not possibly leave her alone here.
 
Annabelle sits in our living room and is watching the television. She didn't say a word when we met. I tried to greet her, but she just nodded and didn't say anything- as though I wasn't there. We even haven't talked from the moment Val introduced us. Could it be because she's a quiet girl?

I guess she and Val have a special relationship now. I saw them inside the living room holding hands and I could see the way she looked at him. She seems to like him very much and so does him. It's good though, I hope Val will be happy.


I turn my gaze to a clock on the wall. Time is pointing at 8.30 p.m. I know he is in the age of consent and is able to look after himself, but I'm starting to feel worry. The air could be so cold at night, and it could resulted in a negative effect for his lungs. I really want to go there and bring him a jacket and a hot chocolate with one and a half teaspoon of sugar --his favorite--, but Annabelle still hasn't left our house yet. I guess she's still waiting for him to come home.
 
Minutes goes by,  and Annabelle is still acting the same- ignoring me. I wonder why. I carefully  observe her, from head to toes. She's pretty with beautiful long hair, a sharp nose and make up on. I never used any make up on my face. I don't know how to use it. I tried it once, but  it ended up with a clown face in the mirror staring back at me. Anyway, I much  prefer without make up. My face seems  to enjoy without it too. It would scream if I put a make up on. I have a sensitive face and make up could make it worse. Annabelle is on the contrary. She has a beautiful and soft skin. She doesn't have any acne on her face and have I said that she has a nice body? She has a tall figure with proportional weight. Me? My body is so thin.
 
My body is so thin that Val often told me to eat lots of food. He often bought me  milk, bread, and honey from the groceries store after he had sold all the fish he had caught. I told him not to because we didn't have lots of money, but he just smiled and said: "Do you remember that you often told me that my health is much more important than money? Your health is much more important than money too, Rose. Come on, eat these! I will eat some too." 

I didn't know what to say to him. He struggles hard for our lives, but he's still so being attentive at me. I want to hold him, hug him, and say thanks-- thank you for being a good brother for me. 


Oh, why  hasn't he come home yet? 

It's already late. Maybe I should make him a warm hot chocolate and a delicious grilled cheese sandwich?

Photobucket 

After serving a bread on a plate for him, I walk upstairs to his room (used to be my room).  However, Annabelle is lying on his bed. What is she still doing here in our house? Is she still waiting for him? It's already late and she should have come home. Her parents might have worried of her.
Photobucket
"Annabelle, don't you...?"

"Are you asking me to come home? Just for your information,  I want to stick around here a little longer - until he arrives or ...Maybe I will not come home after all." She winked.

"What -what do you mean?"

"Don't be stupid. Your brother was very kind at me that night so I want to give him a little surprise in return."

"But  can you give it  tomorrow morning?" 

"You're really stupid, aren't you? How old are you anyway? You seem like a nine year old kid to me."

"I'm fifteen and I'm not stupid." I couldn't believe she's being so rude. I try to hold back my anger, but she has really pissed me off. 
Photobucket 
"Really, fifteen? Could you be a better liar than that? Your parents might have faked your birth certificate. How a fifteen year old girl still not be able to swim?"
Photobucket 
"Poor little mommy's girl is afraid to swim. You're such a wimp."
Photobucket
"I'm not. I'm just not able to do it right now. I would be again later." 

How did she know about it? As far as I know, only Val, Pierre and Mr. Pivert  know about that. 

"Huh, you're just making reasons."

What did she just say? I wasn't making reasons. It's true that I am afraid to swim, but I was a good swimmer before. I could even win a holding breath contest. I just could not do it again ...  after mom and dad died.
 
Annabelle is so rude. I hold my anger and not getting too emotional with it, but...
Photobucket 
"Face it!  I know you disagree about my relationship with your brother! Like it or not, he's mine now, and you should stop bugging him with your whiny and stupidity when I want to be alone with him."
Photobucket 
"Or maybe you're just a sick crazy little sister who is in love with her own brother? Weirdo!"
Photobucket
 "Urgh, yes, I'm crazy. But you're much crazier!"
Photobucket
I couldn't believe at the fact that Val is dating her. Good thing he arrives soon or we might have ended up in a cat-fight.

Val is as usual giving me a warm hug when  he arrives home. His skin felt cold, probably because he has just gone out fishing. From the corner of my eyes, I could feel Annabelle still glaring at us. I don't even want to think about her ugly mind.

"What's wrong? You look so...  happy. What happened?"
 
"Nothing. I've just caught a lot of fish. I will sell them tomorrow at the market." 

"I'm so happy. My little garden is starting to produce fruits and veggies. If you like, we  may sell them tomorrow at the groceries store.  I'm so excited."

"It would be great. By the way, have you eaten yet?"
 
"I have. I almost forgot. I have made you a hot chocolate and grilled cheese sandwich. "
 
"Thanks, Rose."

We almost forgot about Annabelle who is still standing in the Val's room, looking at us.

"Sorry,  could you leave us for a moment, Rose?"
 
"Oh, okay."

I don't want to talk to her either at this moment. I only hope that Annabelle isn't as bad as I thought and would treat my brother with respect. What did she really mean about a little surprise in return anyway and why did she call me stupid?
Photobucket
I am becoming more curious and got tempted to hear them behind the door,  but no,  I shouldn't do that. Still,  it is so late in the evening.
 

No. I probably should go downstairs instead. I don't want to think about what will happen. Val  knows what is good or not. I believe him.
Photobucket 
What was I thinking back then, comparing myself to Annabelle? Yes, Annabelle is pretty, but I have some good qualities too and I am not that ugly. In fact, I'm cute and beautiful as well. I would be a lovely woman someday, like mom always used to say to me. However, I still haven't got my first period yet. I'm fifteen and haven't got my first period. What's wrong with me?

I could not tell about it to anyone and of course not to Val. How could I tell him? He  may not understand it because we are from different planets. He's a boy and I'm a girl. He would be so surprised and perhaps laugh at me and then confuse like I am now, or we may end up in a full embarrassment, well-- only me maybe. So what's the use? I wish mom is here so I could tell and ask her about it.
 

 Maybe I should take care of my little garden instead  thinking about these weird thoughts?

My apple tree has grown so fast, but it's still so fragile, especially in  a hot summer like this. 

"What should I do now, Mr. Apple? Should I just knock on his door? But, what if he got upset? This is the first time he got involved with a girl. I want him to be happy, but Annabelle... I wish you could see the way she acted. She's crazy and like a loose cannon. I  hope she will treat my brother with respect and will make him happy."
Photobucket
            "He deserves a good girl. I love my brother and I don't want him to get hurt. Eh, you have a nice fruit there, Mr. Apple. Thank you."
Photobucket
I reach for the apple. It's so high, but I'm sure I could reach it.

"Oops, are you okay Rose?"
Val is holding me from falling. How long  has he been standing behind me? Did he hear everything I've said?
Photobucket

"Remember how many times I've told you to be careful, Rose? You're such a clumsy." He bumped his forehead against mine.
Photobucket
I am not feeling offended by his words at all, in contrary, my heart  felt overwhelmed with a  feeling... like he was only being attentive at me. He's always there, looking out for me when I needed him.
Photobucket 
I don't know why, but it felt warm-- warm enough that I could not look  straight into his eyes.
Photobucket
  However,  his funny faces bring laughter to my face.
Photobucket
Ugh, what was that? Maybe I was only feeling a bit tired.
Photobucket
Annabelle decides to stay over in our house. She insists not to come home. Poor Val, he has to sleep on the couch.
Photobucket 
This morning, Annabelle goes downstairs, still in her pajamas. She wakes him up all of a sudden. I  have no idea what she's up to. Couldn't she see that Val  hasn't had enough sleep?
 
She refuses to leave him alone. I am trying to study here, but I cannot concentrate when they are in front of me - arguing.

Photobucket Photobucket
They are arguing  more after Ms. Marry Ann Thompson arrived. She wants Annabelle to come home, but Annabelle refuses. She is yelling at Valentin for trying to convince her to come home. 


"Suit yourself, Valentin! I don't want to go home -- not when that woman is still around."
"Annabelle! Why are you so stubborn?"

Photobucket 

I don't know why Annabelle is so angry at Ms. Marry Ann Thompson. I only heard that Ms. Mary Ann is going to marry Annabelle's father in two weeks.  It seems that Annabelle isn't too excited about it. Maybe she disapproves of their marriage.
  Photobucket 
And I really don't know why everyone seems to know about my problem with swimming. Ms. Mary Ann told me that it's okay to be afraid of swimming. She could not swim either until she reached eighteen, then years after trying,  she finally could do it.

Ms. Marry Ann's effort to take Annabelle home goes to nothing.  Annabelle refuses to come home.  
Mr. Trottier is on his visit to Sunset Valley, so he hasn't known anything about it. Otherwise,  he might have been angry at her and forced her to come home.

 Speaking of Annabelle, I don't see her around after Ms. Marry Ann left. Where could she be now? 
 Photobucket
"Val, your sister is downstairs right? This place is quite comfortable. Why did you switch rooms anyway? The bed is much more comfier here. "

"Annabelle, this is Rosaline's room. You shouldn't be in here."

"Are you afraid that she's going to see us?" 

"Annabelle, seriously, you should leave now." 

Photobucket
"Val, don't be like that. Turn around and see me or should I go there?"
 
"Annabelle, I'm telling you -- you must go home now."
 
"Val, what is up with you? My dad is not in the town anyway. Can't you see that I'm feeling sad.  He's going to marry that evil woman and here you are -- being cold at  me. We always have an argument. I don't want to argue, Val. I want you. I need you."

"Annabelle."

"I love you, silly boy. Stop saying my name and kiss me."
Photobucket
 
I think, I finally know where Annabelle is.

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Annabelle bothers me. :p I liked that it was from Rosaline's point of view though.

Di Al Martini said...

Annabelle was having her rough time ;). She's an inappropriate sim. That should explain her behaviors. Glad you like it.

Dee said...

Will someone please, please slap Annabelle? Rosaline, will you please slap her?
Then you can go shake some sense into Val.
Val, open your eyes. She's not the one for you. She will make you miserable.

Di Al Martini said...

Hi Dee, actually she did fight her and won. But, I could not match it with the storyline :) Sorry... :P Update will be up soon. The end of Val's teenage time.

Dee said...

Okay. I'm just happy to know she got what was coming to her.

PiB - Nicarra said...

Poor Rose, she is certainly not going to be fond of Annabelle any time soon.

And Val needs to wake up to how Annabelle is treating his Rose. He would leave her in a moment if he knew.

Jen said...

Oh Annabelle is so stubborn. It is obvious she was is only after one thing! lol

Rosaline seems to be going through some tough times, mentally. The teenage years are the hardest.
Things will pick up soon for her, I'm sure. :)