June 26, 2010

The Love of a Firefighter Part 2/1 - Devoutnes

firefighter

"To be.. or not to be.. But, to be with you, babe... I know it for sure..." 

firefighter 
It was an ordinary day in June 2010. Some crooks in the town tried to steal the cloud and then blackmailing the mayor afterward, but the machine blew up and they got trapped inside with stinky poisonous gas and fire everywhere. 
firefighter
What a plan they got...! Nothing but a total failure!  My crew and I would rather sit and enjoy  the amusement of their stupidity with  popcorn and peanuts in our hands, but the gas might leak outside in any time soon, so no matter what, we have to clean up the mess those donkey heads made and make sure their heads get out of there  and let the court prosecute them instead. 
firefighter
Everything was normal and under control, but we have a suspicion about the fire on the scene. We suspected that it was intentionally made by crazy inventor.

Just take a look at this photo. Those sofas were placed in a wrong direction and the length between them was so close that a fire if triggered could spread quickly, and make a huge mess. We also found a detonator nearby.
firefighter

And those scraps? Those are things that a crazy inventor likes to hunt. They would turn them from scraps to automatic machines,  from childish toys to miraculous robots. See if they can make a perfect firefighter robot!

Yet, they already did, at least some of models that could detect and extinguish fire. I don't mind about a firefighter robot. They will definitely help us firefighter, but to replace us completely? No way! They would still need maintenance from a man. Moreover, how would they save lives?

firefighter
Even to save a criminal's life who got trapped in the basement.. like this unlucky dude here.
firefighter


Oh, I saw Leopard motif again...

I was in the bathroom while my team was still checking the place. I would join them in a moment, but the hygiene level of my body was very low. I needed to wash my face and brush my teeth, but then....

"What are you doing there?!" The chief startled me. My toothbrush  fell into the basin.
"Get out and check the garage!"

----

Our team went home with success in both hands. As much as we enjoy our duties, a break is  a must, especially after long hours of putting out fire. Actually, that evening was supposed to be a romantic dinner with Lila, but she could not make it. She told me on the phone that she was busy with her firefighter exam. Still, my narrow mind had a suspicion that she was still a bit afraid of what I would do to her. Why? Did she has a trauma or something? Yet, I promised that I would wait. So, I waited.
firefighter

Besides, it was a good time to mingle with all the locals there and to get to know everyone.
firefighter
The dude here  told everyone that he saw a ghost at the theater. Perhaps Phantom of the Opera? Sorry dude, but basically I didn't believe in ghosts and it seemed that the others were also.

I wished Lila was there, saved me from those boring conversations and stopped me from yawning, but she's not coming. Instead, a blonde woman with short skirt and high heels greeted me. Her face looked so familiar, and she looked so...

"Dave? Dave Johnston?! Is that you? It's me Aimee. Remember?"
"Aimee?"
"Yeah, look a bit different, huh? I changed my hair color. How do I look now?" She swayed her hair. I could smell the fragrance of her shampoo. It's jasmine.
"Still beautiful as ever."
"I see that you still got your womanizer tongue there." She smiled, giving her womanly look. I must admit she looks beautiful.


---
"So, how long have you been here, Dave?" She asked.
"Few months...  I'm a bit surprised that you're here, Aimee. Didn't you love the big city?"
"I did. But,  too many young stars there. Perhaps, I could try my luck here. Anyway, what do you do now in Twinbrook?" She asked.

firefighter
"I'm a firefighter"
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Firefighter, save me!"


We laughed,
firefighter
danced,
firefighter
and then talked.
firefighter
"Aimee." I said to her as we lounged  about on our chairs. "There was nothing between us. You refused me when I asked you out, and at tenth grade I saw you kissed the boy ... Who's his name? He's always bullying everyone around.  I thought you didn't like him."
"Kurt. His name is Kurt. I was fifteen, Dave. It happened. Though, I could not figure out the reason until now, but I did really like you and I keep your letters until now."
"You do?"
"Yeah...So, I guess there's  a slight chance for us."
" I've already had a girlfriend now."
"You have...?... I have no idea why that thought suddenly came into my mind. I can't believe we talked about it either."
firefighter
We got up from our chair and she stood there thinking. Our conversation were getting worse from good, but then I noticed her... kissing someone she had just met. I knew she didn't know him well.
firefighter
I didn't know what she was thinking. I could never understand her. She was always mysterious, but yes, I did have a crush on her at eighth grade. She was a brave, pretty girl... .
firefighter
but someday her actions may put her in trouble. Not that I care about it, though.
firefighter

"Dave." she said, stopping me before I left. "Don't you want to say something?"
"Say what?"
"Say anything. We haven't met for years. At least, you can show me your place."
 "I'd love to, but my place is still in a mess right now. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable."
"Oh, I can't believe that you are being such a snob."
"Aimee..."
"Wait...!Everything is spinning. My eyes....."
"Aimee, are you okay?"


firefighter

firefighter
I was shocked, but ...
firefighter
Who was she kidding with? I knew her for more than three years. It was just a play from a soap opera artist who hasn't received any contract yet.

-----
"Hey, are you becoming stiff with women since having a girlfriend?" She got up from the floor and cleaned her skirt. "I mean...Dave, it is not that you are married yet. Are you afraid of your girlfriend?"
"No. Of course not!"
"Then prove it!"
"I will.."

firefighter

So, I headed off to a girl  and then...
firefighter

"Hello! You got that eh.. awesome look. Alone tonight? Wanna check out  stars?"
"What's up, stranger?" The girl replied to my flattery.
 Lila arrived. By the look on her face, she was pretty upset.
---
"Eh... babe, it's nothing with her. It's only a bet. Believe me!" I tried to convince her, but she didn't buy it. 
"Is that so, Dave? Are you having enough with her? Or do you want to settle our relationship now?" 
 I was shocked by her statement. "Of course not. It wasn't even serious, honey." 
"Wasn't serious? It's a stale reason that guys always say to their girlfriend. I thought you were not one of them, Dave. "
"Lila, I..."
"And, why don't you take things seriously, Dave? Is anything meant serious to you? Maybe our relationship isn't really serious, so you find it enjoyable to flirt with another girl. Is that so, we may just call it off now." She said, sternly.
"Lila, don't.... I  love you... I promise I will never do that again.I- I didn't know why I did that. I don't want to break up with you. I- I even never thought about it. I love you."
firefighter
"C'mon honey!"

She forgave me and soon it ended up with a kiss.
firefighter
Of course, after she warned me first.


Theme Song: "Going Out" by The Perishers

firefighter

At work, everything was going well. The City Hall gave me a trophy. I felt didn't deserve it since it was a teamwork after all. Still, I was so excited because I finally became a real fireman -- who once was only a Water Boy.

Even so, I still could not pay the bill with my salaries.  I invested so much money for the house, and it left me with only few bucks in my pocket.

However, the main thing important was  that I still have Lila.


firefighter
We still loved doing this. We're getting good at it. Even though, I'd rather her..... Oh, she did it again. She made me passionately wanted her fully, but she asked me to wait.
firefighter
firefighter

And then I  often found myself apologizing to her.

"What's that on your back?" She asked, seeing the glimpse of my back. I almost forgot about those tattoos.
"My back?" I pretended not to know about it.
"Yeah... your back. I think I saw a tattoo there. I want to see it. Turn around!"
"What? You must be mistaken Lila. There's no tattoo. I don't have a tattoo." Who was I kidding with?
"Come on, Dave. I'm not blind.  I want to see it."
"Lila, I think it will be better  if you don't see it."
"What's wrong?" She touched my right arm, trying to turn me around. I kept avoiding her until she tickled my belly. I laughed so hard and then the finally managed to peek a little.
"Ha?" She covered her mouth, laughing out loud while holding her tummy. I didn't think it's funny.

The only effective way to keep her from laughing was this.
firefighter
We stood there in front of the house, didn't care about anything or our surroundings until the rain suddenly poured on our shoulders. I only wanted the time to stop.

----
firefighter
What was the reason that's making her refused me all the time? Was I not that appealing enough? Of course, in spite of those tattoos.
firefighter
"Man! I've just bought that mirror. Now, how am I going to look in front of Lila!"
"Then go and get money, slacker!" The repoman rudely said.
At least he didn't take the music box or my nights would be so empty and quiet.

firefighter

Still without the mirror, some women  just couldn't resist my charms, including Eva Grudge... err... Drudge. .
I often saw her at the library and laundry. Yeah, I had to go to the downtown only to do the laundry because the washing machine was sold to pay the bills. I noticed Eva Drudge looking so sad that time.
firefighter
firefighter
We spoke after I split her from a weird grandma who scolded ramblingly at her.
firefighter
There, I found out that Eva Drugde was a generous woman. She often gave donations to  organizations and Firefighters Department.
-----
I must admit that I could get along easily with women, but the one, the only woman spinning in my heart, was only Lila. No one else. I never considered any serious relationship with a woman before, but with Lila.... I could not stop thinking about her.

I went home and looked at my watch. Reaching for my cell phone, I  decided to call Lila, but she didn't pick up her  phone. Perhaps, she was already asleep. I missed her. She was busy and hard to be reached. I could not  take her out on the weekend. We worked in the same place, but I rarely saw her at the fire station. We were busy with our own duties and had different shifts.

Even though she sent text messages and often cooked dinner for me and stored it in the fridge at the fire station, I still missed her. I wanted to see her all the time. I could not believe of how selfish I've become.


And every time I saw her, something in my heart seemed to burst.

firefighter
firefighter
firefighter
firefighter


I took a quick breath after a soft kiss upon her lower lip.
"What's that for?" She asked.
"Nothing, babe. It felt long since we last met."
firefighter
"I miss you too, my  love."

----

Another good thing that week was that those ridiculous tattoos on my back had been successfully removed, and I had a fire tattoo on my left arm instead.

firefighter


That day, I had never felt so sure in my entire life. I had been thinking about it for a couple of days, getting choked on my food because of it, stumbled on my way out of the house only to think about it.

 That day, I was ready for the next step of my life.

There was no better time than then.

firefighter

Damn ...! Everything I planned to say was lost in an instant after seeing her beautiful face. My palms were sweating because of the adrenaline rush that sunk through my vein. My heart raced like a horse in a race. I was so amazed by the view in front of me. She's the loveliest woman on earth I'm so deeply in love with. Yes, I could not be so sure in my entire life.

dreams_pillow

I could not wait any longer. That time was the right moment...

"We'll be as happy as can be
I'll love her endlessly
This time it'll be for real"

lyrics from the Perishers "Going Out"



-----

5 comments:

Dee said...

OMG, great pics of the disaster and ROFL at "donkey heads".

Is that lightening I see in that second pic? That is really huge.

Oh, poor Dave. She just had to see that tattoo on his back. I still crack up when looking at those tats.

Oh my, you have rain!

Poor guy, he has so little and now the repo man takes his mirror.

I can't see myself being bored by anything you write. I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

This is a great love story.

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you for the comment Dee. Yes, it is lightening. I haven't seen any meteor dropped on Twinbrook, though. Like the one in your blog. I really want to see it in my game.
Well, that rain is just from photo software: Corel. I missed rain and snow... :(

Di Al Martini said...

Dee, would you please add me to your post subscriber? I tried to, but only found for the comment one.

Berry said...

dawww! I love this, but I am scared to see where it leads because of the first part of chapter 1. If they die I think I may just fall apart.

Dee said...

I forgot to subscribe to comments here when I replied. I did see your request in my comment section. I added you.

If they die in the end I'll probably cry.