September 7, 2010

The Falling Angel of Fire Part 7

http://dreams-upon-pillow.blogspot.com 

When the clock struck for the ninth time, the lonely Unicorn was still dancing to celebrate the warmth of love that filled the room. Moonlight streamed through the window, illuminating the face of her beloved daughter. Many years have passed, but for once, she felt she had done something right. Her heart had never felt so warm and peaceful. Even though Lila's eyes were still closed,  she was cherishing every second with her mother-- on the lap of the woman who once fought with death only to let her live.
dreams_pillow




While Lila's soul reunited with her mother's, Dave found a new friend to spend the time.

dreams_pillow 


"So, "This is where you live, Ti-Ning? What do you know? It's next to my station. You can go there and jump on the trampoline with me. What do you say?" 
 
"Really, Mister? Yippee!"


 

Dave smiled and took a glance at the surroundings.  "Wow, your parents sold all of these?"


After a year in Twinbrook and worked in the building next door, he realized he barely noticed the place. He could see the cars displayed there. Those cars seemed affordable and maybe it was time to have one. Probably, his mother-in-law would stop seeing him with only one eye if he could afford one. However, he soon remembered that Lila would be very finicky about it. She only preferred a green or hybrid car, and to buy it would certainly cost a lot.
 
He muttered as he counted his finger, estimating his savings needed to buy a car, until Ti-Ning's voice broke his reveries. "Mr. Firefighter, are you learning to count? We can learn together. I have got an A in Math."

"What? Oh, no, Ti-ning, I'm just thinking about something else." He chuckled.
 
Ti-Ning wondered. It was probably something that grownups often thought about. Anyway, it was the first time a firefighter drove him home with a fire truck. His friend would be so jealous if he told them about it at school. He wanted to ask Dave to go with him, so he could brag about it all day long and perhaps he and his friends could have a ride on his fire truck too.
 
"Mr. Firefighter, do you want to come  to my school tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow I have to work, Ti-Ning, maybe when I have a day off." 
Ti-ning sighed " But, do you want to come inside?" 

Dave looked at his watch. It was late in the evening, but he could not say no after seeing the glittering lights in the boy's eyes. "Okay, I'd love to meet your parents. Are they inside?" 
Ti-Ning nodded. "Mom probably asleep after her friends went home and Dad has arrived from work, but..." He gestured Dave to come closer and bow his head so he could whisper: "You must promise, mister, that you won't drink the juice. Mommy was angry when I touched it. She told me to play outside instead. She said it was for her friends. You must promise me, Mr. Firefighter!"

"Huh? Oh, I won't. Scout's promise."
 
Inside the house, a man with dark hair and tan skin -- probably about 40 years old-- greeted him with a smile. "Sorry officer, did my son has been troubling you? My name is Buck Green. I'm Ti-Ning's father."
"It's nice to meet you, Buck. Your kid is fine. He's a nice boy." Dave smiled and few minutes later, their laughter filled the room.

dreams_pillow
"... and then he asked me lots of questions. I have to tell him to sit on my lap and held the steering wheel  so he would stop pushing those buttons."
"I can imagine it. My son is so curious about a lot of things. I'm glad you could manage him."
"Yeah, who knows  someday he may become a firefighter."

 Buck seemed like a nice guy and Ti-Ning looked so much like him. He was glad to meet them. Ti-Ning's mother was probably a nice woman also, he supposed.

While they were chattering, a woman entered the room. "Dave, I want to introduce you to someone. This is Kat Hunter. She is..."

Photobucket  
Dave turned around to find a woman with gray hair and overly make-up on. Before Buck could finish his introduction, Dave had already made his own guesses.
"I know, you must be Ti-Ning's granny, right?" Dave smiled  while looking back at Buck, feeling so sure about it. However, the woman immediately jumped at him.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dave wasn't aware and after a brief of blackout, Dave soon found himself under the woman's armpits. He almost could not breathe; either it was because of the smell or his neck was getting choked.
dreams_pillow 
He tried to avoid her, but could not maneuver when she landed her shoes on him. Dave almost flew up into the ceiling.
dreams_pillow
"That's for calling me granny." said Kat furiously. Dave held his butt as he grimaced in pain.

Someone behind them rubbed his neck and rolled his eyes witnessing it.
"Could we settle this matter,  hun? I know you still have that strength, but we must be friendly to our guest. He is a new friend of Ti-Ning." said Buck in an attempt to mediate. "Sorry, Dave, but Kat is my fiancée, the mother of Ti-Ning."

"Huh!?" Dave froze in a couple of minutes. His mouth fell open and he probably would not have realized if a fly had already gone into his mouth. "She's... nice."

Buck only chuckled. "Seems you need a lot of practices. Come at six every Friday and I will teach you."
"Actually, it wasn't because of lack in exercise. It's just... you know, she's a woman, and she's..." He paused, looking at Kat's deadly glare. "She's... your fiancée." 

Fortunately, Ti-Ning did not  see the incident, or probably he did. "Mr. Firefighter, I heard noises. Are you okay?" asked Ti-Ning a bit worried.

dreams_pillow
"Nah, I am okay. Did you know I have just done one of those Charlie's Angels movements: holding on the ceilings."
dreams_pillow
"Haha... You almost fell, didn't you?" With a plain smile, Ti-Ning pointed his finger toward him. Dave laughed, but their laughter stopped when Kat tried to meddle in.
 
"I can see you're getting along so well with my son." said Kat, this time with a soft voice and her eyes were not glaring at him again. "So, you are a firefighter. I have a friend who's also a firefighter.  I am sorry about what happened. This is the first time  Ti-Ning brought a friend older than him and…I must say quite handsome. Maybe you, Ti-Ning, and I could hang out some time to watch the Disney's channel?"
Photobucket
"Ma'am, I- I have a full schedule, and my wife and I usually spend time together during weekends." Dave quickly stepped back. Kat Hunter was acting creepy. It was the first time  a granny had already engaged tried to hit on him in both ways.
"You're married." said Kat in a disappointment.
dreams_pillow 
"What's that about, Sir?" asked Ti-Ning a bit upset. Although, Dave was not the guilty one, no one else could get his mother attentions other than him and his dad, not even his own hero. Fortunately, it did not take long for Dave to win the boy's heart again.
dreams_pillow
"Do you know who this is, Ti-Ning? Stay out of trouble, kids!" said Dave while mimicking a famous fictional character.
"I know. That's RoboCop!" Ti-Ning answered excitedly.
"You're right!" And then they laughed together.
Photobucket 
"Whoa, see my watch? It's very late. This RoboCop must go home and you have to go to sleep now."
"But, I'm not tired."
"Yeah, but this face shows it." said Dave, holding up Ti-Ning's chin. "You can always count the sheeps."
"Can I see you again, Mr. Firefighter?"
"Of course you can. Like I said, you can go to the fire station in the afternoon. See you soon, kid!"
"Bye, Mr. Firefighter!

 As he walked away, Dave could see him wave his hands. "Such a nice kid." He smiled.
 
***
On his way home, streets aglow with bright lights and sounds of cricket filled the cold night. He could not believe his watch, it was ten in the evening already. He dived into his pocket and sighed. " I forgot my key!"

He had arrived in front of the door, but felt hesitant to knock. Probably, everyone inside had already asleep. However, there was a chance that Lila still left the door open. So, he reached the door handle, but surprised when someone was opening it from inside.

"Where have you been? Did the station call you?"
"No, I met a friend. You haven't slept, yet?" Lila did not know how relieved Dave was to find a lovely face - half sleepy - greeted him, instead of a ferocious face of his mother-in-law.
"I slept for a couple of minutes. Did you hang out in the Red Rendezvous again?" She narrowed her eyes with suspicion. "Are you seeing Aimee?"
 
"Aimee?" he laughed. "I haven't even talked to her. I only met a boy. His name is Ti-Ning. His house is next to the station. He's a nice kid. We have become buddies. Wait..." he said with a grin on his face. "Are you jealous?"
 "I am not." She quickly answered. her eyes tried to avoid his. "It's...It's a boy, right?! You only met a boy."
"Yeah, a boy, a nine year old boy." said Dave, still smiling. However, his smile disappeared after seeing her giggle. "Why are you laughing?"
 
"Nothing, it's just…" She could not tell him what was on her mind, as she pictured him with a child, not only one but lots of them -- five at least. He carried them on his back and arms while others were holding his legs. It would be quite funny to watch. What if those children were they own? It would be so lovely, and he would be overwhelmed by them, with all of their spoiled behaviors and childishness. "Honey, let's come inside or you'll catch a cold."

Actually, it should have been the beginning of a warm summer, but global warming had triggered a storm to move toward the north. Weather forecast mentioned that it would last for several weeks. Fortunately, the storm that would strike Twinbrook would not be as bad as had happened in the other parts of the world. At least, anyone in the town should prepare for it.

"Wait! There's something I want to ask you. This may sound weird, but... "He grabbed her hands and gazed a bit closer. Nervously, he asked: "Are you happy living with me?"  

"Dave, why did you ask that? Of course I am happy. If this is about something that my mother had said, don't worry, Dave. I have never been so happy in my entire life. I will not trade this for anything in the universe. I love you."
dreams_pillow
They hugged and kissed in front of the door, witnessed by all the fireflies that seemed to shine  brighter even when the moon was  hiding its face behind the clouds.
 
"Actually, mom asked us to stay with her in Sunset Valley." said Lila while Dave was still wrapping his arms around her. 
"I know, she asked me that too."
"So, what did you say to her?"
 "I haven't said a thing. But I would not mind if you want  to go back. If we stay in Sunset Valley, I may be able to work here, so you will not need to travel far. Maybe, considering your job record, the fire department in Sunset Valley will hire you. However... " Dave paused.
 
"What is it, Dave?" 
"Lila, your mom asked us to help her with her business. I am not  sure about that. You know me. I don't have any expertise on that."
Lila sighed. "She did it again, huh?"
 "Baby, it's okay. I know your mom was just concerned about you, but don't worry my angel. The Board has not decided it yet. There's a chance you will still be working here. So, let's forget about your mom's offer for a while."
"All right, but actually I am kind of worried about mom. Maybe she felt lonely in Sunset Valley. and that's why she asked us to stay."
"I understand. We will think about it again."

***
 
The clock pointed at twelve in the evening, and everyone had already asleep. Lila was still awake.
dreams_pillow 
She constantly tossed her body left and right,  until finally decided to get up and pushed her blanket aside. Something was suppressing in her heart. She looked around. She was so relieved to find her mother lying on the bed --next to her– sleeping peacefully and snoring softly. She had just known that her mother  snored, just like her. She gently held her mother's hand, seeing  all the wrinkles on her skin. They were clearly visible -- so different with her own.

She got out of the bed and headed  to the living room. There, another person close to her heart was snuggling quietly on the sofa.
dreams_pillow
"Thank you, my husband." She stroke his hair and carefully adjusted his blanket so he wouldn't get cold.
 
In the morning, Lila was still feeling confused about the uncomfortable feelings that kept pressing her chest. Moreover, Dave caught him walking out of the door still wearing her uniform.
 
"Honey, aren't you supposed to have a day off today?" said Dave gently, trying not to hurt her feelings. She stood quietly, until finally she burst into tears.
"Baby please don't cry."
"I 'm not.  I'm sorry."
Dave held her and then kissed her to stop her tears.
firefighters
Katharina was looking for Lila to ask her out to the supermarket. However, when she found her with Dave, she felt hesitant to disturb them. " I'll go to the neighbor's house to get acquainted. I'll be back again in a few hours."
firefighters 
After Katharina left, Dave lifted up her body, carrying her toward the front door. By that time, her tears had already stopped.
firefighters 
He wanted to go inside the house with her, comforting her, however his pager rang - he must go to the fire station.

"Damn, I wish this pager stop ringing in a moment like this. See you tonight, love. Don't cry, okay? I love you."
firefighters 

He quickly left the house. She smiled, looking at him from a distance.

dreams_upon
That day, Dave  had to deal with a bunch of Llamas breaking in into a small restaurant. The waitress and most of the guests ran outside in panic.  All llamas were then gathered outside with their full stomach. If they could talk, they probably would say: "It's payback time."

Not only Llamas,  Dave also dealt with a simbot trying to destroy everything inside a building. After a week of weirdness, Dave wished to have nothing but a nice weekend. Yet, on that Sunday morning, when the birds began to sing around the windowsills,  Dave's grouchy face was inevitable. He had bought two tickets to see the football game ahead of time, only for him and Lila, but he could not refuse when Lila asked her mother to join  with them seeing the football game. When he tried to buy another, all the tickets had sold out, and finally, he must relent on it.
dreams_pillow 
"Ouch!!" He cringed when the screwdriver left a scratch on his finger. His mind flew somewhere else, imagining his wife and his mother-in-law were having fun while he was kneeling down on the floor trying to make the washing machine to work again. Not only that, puddles were everywhere around the bathroom. Certainly, there were a lot of things to be done. Even so, no matter how grouchy he was, his still would not be able to compare to his mother-in-law's grouchiness.
dreams_pillow
"They called that a game? I was expecting more. How we'll be able to defeat other countries if they play like that? Young people should be more passionate in what they do and work harder."
Lila smiled. "It's a local game, mom. After the strongest team wins, we are likely to win. "
"Still …" Her mother sighed. "I'm not going to spend another simoleon  just to watch a game like that. So, where we will go tomorrow?"
dreams_pillow 
Katharina's question reminded Lila of something. "
"Lila dear, sometimes you're  funny. Now that I want to spend the days with you, you're questioning it. I only wanted to…"
dreams_pillow,dreams_pillow
Their conversation stopped when a boy approached Lila.
dream_pillow 
"Ma'am, I am going to play for my school, but my friends have not arrived yet. Could I play catch with you as a warm-up?" the boy asked.
"Sure you can. I'm Lila. What's yours?"
"Harry. Harry Castor."
dream_pillow
 dream_pillow
dream_pillow 

 After playing catch with the boy, they walked home. 

Along the road, they spoke about a lot of things, but Lila stopped when they walked past  an orchard.
dreams_pillow 
"Lila, what are you doing?" asked Katharina. "What if someone sees us?" She looked to her right and left. Fortunately, there was no one else around to see her daughter stealing the fruits.
dreams_pillow 
"Don't worry, mom. Everyone in this neighborhood is allowed to pick fruits and veggies here. This is a community garden." Lila smiled. By then, she had already collected three ripe red apples.   "Look, mom! These apples are so fresh and they are organic."
dreams_pillow 
"Are you going to eat it just like that?" 

The view in front of them was so beautiful. Sunflowers surrounded them. However, Lila was so hungry to enjoy the scenery or even to remind herself to wash her hands first.

"It's okay, mom.  Here, people never used any pesticide, and it didn't fall on the ground."
"Still, you have to wash it."
"Want a bite, Mom?"
"Eh, no thank you."
 
As they sat together on the wooden bench, the light sapphire sky turned into mauve that made the flowers fluorescent in the dusk. Sunflowers, apple trees were guarded by white picket fences, adding a nuance of family warmth. With all the beauty and everything Mother Nature had offered them, even bright colorful butterflies refused to leave the beautiful garden.

 "Lila, I'm going to leave.. on Monday." 
"What? But it's so soon, mom."
"Earlier, you asked whether it was okay for me to leave my work. Well, there's something I should take care of immediately. My secretary called "
"Will you visit here again?"
"Of course, I will."  
It seemed only a moment ago Lila was worried of her mother coming, and now when her mother was about to leave, she wished she could spend more time with her.

"Mom, about your offer, Dave and I cannot decide right now, but we are going to visit you often, and I am going to call you every day."

 Katharina smiled. "Alright, dear, I know it must be hard for you to leave everything you have already had here..." She exhaled. "I can buy  you a car, though, so it would be easier for you to visit me there, or to go to work."
 dreams_pillow 
"Mom, you don't have to do that. I would rather ride a bus or train. Besides, I have a job now. I could buy it, if I wanted to. "
"Okay, I understand." Katharina chuckled. She should have known that Lila could be so stubborn.  
 
"My baby is a grown up now. She has her own family and a career."
dreams_pillow 
"But I'm still your baby." Lila leaned on her mother's shoulder and then kissed her cheek.
"Yes, you're my spoiled baby."
Lila laughed. "Good thing, I am not a spoiled brat, or am I...?" 
Katharina smiled. "You are my dearest child."
 
Even though the sun had hidden its face below the horizon, the two were still sitting on the bench to enjoy the lovely night. Until suddenly, Lila's cell phone rang. It was from Manne.

 "Lila, great news! The Board has decided that as long as married couples are working under different supervision, it will be okay."
dreams_pillow 
"Really?" shouted Lila in joy. "Oh,  I can't wait to tell Dave."
dreams_pillow 
"You shouldn't wait. We are expecting you to come tomorrow."
dreams_pillow 
Katharina noticed her daughter's happy face as she returned to her seat.  "My dear, did you hear  good news?"
"Yes, mom, I will be back again to work  tomorrow."
dreams_pillow 
"If they change the rule and suddenly dismiss you, I'm going to..."
"What will you do, mom?" Lila smiled. "Oh, mom, I'm so happy."
"I'm happy for you too, dear."

The days passed by quickly that Lila could not believe that it was  time for her mother to leave Twinbrook.
Photobucket
"Don't forget to call, mother."
"I am going to call you as soon as I arrive in Sunset Valley. By the way, Lila, don't forget what I've taught you: two cups of lemon or lime juice to clean the washing machine. You should put attentions to the smallest things or it will be broken sooner."
"Okay, mom, I remember. This is it, huh?" Lila's tears fell.
 
Katharina held her close. "Don't cry! You may be strong and stubborn, but you're such a crybaby sometimes. Dave, you should look after her and treat her well, or I am going to bring her back with me to Sunset Valley." She smiled.
"Take care of yourself, dear. Remember, you have to come home safely from work. I will always pray for you, wherever I am."
Photobucket 
After Katharina's flight took off, Lila's days went as usual. She returned to her duties as a firefighter. However, Dave was no longer in one shift with her.
dreams_pillow
Photobucket 
Photobucket
dreams_pillow 

The new situation caused Dave to worry more about Lila's safety, and vice versa, but there was nothing they could do about it.
 
The good thing was that the longer they were apart, the harder they tried to have a quality time together.  He often picked her up after work, and when they were not on duty, they spent time by seeing a movie at the theater, eating at the restaurant or having an evening walk in the park.
dreams upon a pillow
dreams upon a pillow
dreams upon a pillow
dreams upon a pillow
dreams_pillow
dreams_pillow
"The moon and stars shone, my love, but now they have become dim after I saw the light in your eyes." 

 "Oh, Dave."
 

***
 
"What's wrong, Lila?" asked Dave. Lila's face gloomed in the morning when he was about to leave for work.
"Could you take a day off? I don't know, but I'm worried. There's something wrong. I feel anxious. Maybe you should not go to work today. We can spend time here together." 
dreams_pillow 
Dave smiled and held her close. "Don't worry; I will call you at noon."
dreams_pillow 
With a kiss on her forehead, he said goodbye.
 
Lila  watched him from behind, hoping he would be okay. However, her anxiety remained, so she dialed numbers on her phone.
 
"Hello, mom, how are you?"
"I'm okay, mom. I just wanted to talk to you. I miss you, mom."

After the call, she decided to go out. Maybe her nerves would ease, if she kept her mind busy. She met her neighbors and decided to have a lunch in a small restaurant. 
dreams_Pillow 
Photobucket 
However there was something wrong in the meal she ordered. She threw up, as soon as she arrived home.
  
She changed her clothes and then looked at her watch. It passed noon, but Dave had not called yet. She began to worry. She tried to call him, but he didn't pick up his phone. "Come on Dave...answer it."
 
"It's okay, probably I'm thinking too much." She mumbled. However, she had never felt  so anxious like that before. Every five minutes, she looked at her watch and walked back and forth erratically. Until suddenly her cell phone rang.
 
She quickly picked it up and saw the caller ID. It was a new number.
"Hello, may I speak to Lila Johnston?"
dreams_pillow 
"Yes, it's me speaking."
"Mrs. Johnston, I am very sorry. We have bad news."
dreams_pillow 
After the man had told her the news, her cell phone fell onto the floor. She could not believe everything she'd just heard.
dreams_pillow
 
To be continued




Notes: 
  • I quoted Chrysame's words in her blog. This is from the child side ;)  "But, I'm still your baby." 
  • When Lila talked on the phone with Manne, I temporarily added an Excitable trait. I thought everyone would excited to hear good news. 
  • The airport objects is an CC. You can find it here @ Sims Initiative or here @ Fuyayasesims. 
  • Actually, Dave had already become an Assistant to the Fire Chief. However, Assistant to the Fire Chief in real life had an authority in personnel and recruitments, so for the story's sake, I mentioned him as a Captain. 

7 comments:

Di Al Martini said...

I'm writing on my own comments. Since the link is not working again. I've posted a new update. But, I've noticed that it doesn't only occur in mine. The link on my site to Kaleeko's Blog also is not showing her new update.

And, I just want to say thank you for all of you who keeps on supporting me from the very beginning and able to be patient and put up with my writing :)

PiB - Nicarra said...

I'm glad that Lila and her mom seem to be getting along better.

Your pictures and story is getting stronger.

I hope it doesn't take long for you to write the next one, that is a huge cliffhanger you've left at the end.

Deema316 said...

Another great update. Sorry it took me so long to get here.

I was very happy to read that she and her mom are getting along so well but after reading all of this I have a terrible feeling.

Either that call was bad news about her mom or bad news about Dave.

You sure did leave us with a cliffhanger here. Jeez, I just realised i used the same word as PiB but it really is a cliffhanger!!!

I was leaning back relaxing while reading this and then she had that bad feeling before he went to work.

I also wonder if a baby is on the way. :)

Deema316 said...

I clicked to receive follow-up comments. I am receiveing the post notice in my email but not the comments.

Anonymous said...

And she'll always be Katharina's baby. They even had some soft teasing that generally happens between mother's and daughters.

I like this resolution very much.

Looks like a baby is on the way. Just Lila gets bad news.

I have to wonder if Mom was very sick and didn't know how to tell her daughter. It was enough to have her baby sleep in her lap once more.

We'll see. You left us with quite the cliffhanger!

Unknown said...

Many <3's, MJ!

Wow, quite a lot going on in this post. Seems like things between Katharina and Lila are slowly getting back to the way they should be -- I'm so happy for them! Except now I'm worried something happened to Katharina... Aaagh.

And it seems that both Lila and Dave are ready to have children. ;) Was it really food poisoning, or was she actually pregnant?! HM!

I lol'd @ the fight with Kat Hunter. She is a serious, serious cougar. I think I actually kicked her out of my town, I can't remember.. haven't seen her in a while.

You always catch the best romantic embraces between Dave and Lila. They really are meant to be together. ^^

And, you don't have to answer any of those questions -- they're just me musing. Can't wait until the next one! Nnngh!

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you for the comments ^_^

I'm glad you like the resolution between Lila and her mother.
I'm working on the next update and trying to post it sooner. Fortunately, I have a vacation now, but have to help in making cookies, cakes, and prepare everything for the holiday. Even when I don't even celebrate it, but it has become a custom. Have any of you known "Ketupat?" It's made from rice that has been wrapped in a woven palm leaf pouch and boiled. It's Asian food. I wish I could send it to you all ^_^
@PiB Thanks.
@Dee, it's okay. I often late to check yours, but it's all because of our time difference. And you're not late either. Thank you for the comment
@Chrysame. Glad you like it.
@Kaleeko. I hold my hands to type the answers now ^_^ It's hard to resist, sometimes.
How many sims have you kicked out? I do understand it. She's kind of a bit annoying. She's mean spirited and flirty. But, that part made me laughed. I do feel bad for Ti-Ning, though.

Yes, Dave and Lila were so in love with each other. However, it seems that Dave is the one who often have wishes for Lila. Almost every sim days. Lila did have romantic interests for him, but not as much as Dave was.

In the picture when Lila get out from the restaurant, you could see Emerald that has turned to YA and Loretta Jones-Brown in green dress. Emerald is beautiful. (Travis is very lucky!!!) Loretta is a teen, she's a daughter of Jenni Jones-Brown and Godwin Goode. At the start of the game, Jenni is pregnant. Loretta is kind of cute, I guess. She looks bubbly. You can see her clearly here :

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/dreams_pillow/Screenshot-6437.jpg

Oops about her dress. I swear it's random.