October 20, 2010

Ch. 7 Two Hearts

dreams upon a pillow,dreams upon a pillow
"It's alright, Pierre." said Rosaline  when Pierre tried to help her get off from the hot air balloon. Her foot had just stepped on the turf, and again, the pain struck her head.
 dreams upon a pillow,dreams upon a pillow
From a far,  Valentin ran toward them. She  bowed her head -- trying to hide her pain from his sight.
dreams upon a pillow 

"Hey, Rosie." Valentin smiled while he was pulling her close. Her nostrils smelled the sweat under his chest. It triggered the cells inside her brain to bring images of him working the entire day. In spite of it, she felt comfort by resting her head on his shoulder. It felt warm, but it wasn't long until it flashed upon her thoughts that he barely slept the night before -- taking care of her while she was fighting against fever.
"Having fun, guys?" Valentin glanced toward Pierre and then turned his head to the hot air balloon in front of him. "Yours?" he asked.

"My father's." Pierre answered briefly. He stared at her while she was leaning on Valentin's arm. The pain still sunk in her head. 

"How did you find us?"
 
Valenting smiled and then pulled Rosaline closer. "Connection, Pierre. It's called connection. So, what were you both doing here?" 
There was puzzlement on Pierre's face and Rosaline could see it, but Valentin's voice disrupted her as soon as Pierre answered him.

"You took her up? I can't believe it. She was sick, Pierre. Her fever might  get worse. "

Rosaline pulled herself away from him. "I'm fine, really. The fever had gone, and we were going home, Val."

Valentin's eyes turned darker. "Rose, are you okay? You look.... pale." He said, placing his palm on her forehead. 

Taking her arms, he said: "It's not good out here. Let's go home!"
 
Rosaline took a last glance  toward Pierre -- seeing how his body was sinking underneath the sapphire sky. She wished it had not happened-- that he had not confessed his feelings to her.
Why man and woman couldn't just be friends?
dreams upon a pillow
"Thanks for the ride, Pierre. I'll see you soon."


***

"Could you at least be a bit friendlier, Val?" asked Rosaline after they had left the green meadow.  She figured that Pierre had already gone and was going home by then.

Valentin stopped, turning toward her. Worries within his eyes.  "Rose, you were sick."
dreams upon a pillow
"I know. Still...  you didn't have to be so rude."

"Is he that important to you?"

"Of course. He's my friend."

"More important than me?"
derams upon a pillow
"Val, why are you asking me this? You're my brother. He's my  friend. Each of you means so much. I don't know why we are arguing about this, but we should be going home now." She turned around, but as her mind was being twisted, she was taking the wrong direction.
dreams upon a pillow
Valentin grabbed her arm and held her waist. Turning her around,  he pulled her close.  Placing her left hand around his waist, he kissed her.
dreams upon a pillow



Rosaline couldn't breathe. She pulled her face away, but he pulled her back in the same strength. She knew he wasn't going to let her go, and there was something which had caused it, something buried deep inside his heart. His arms held her tightly.
dreams upon a pillow
"Val…" 

She tried to stop him, but he continued to kiss her -- circling his hand around the back of her neck while the other was holding her waist.

Opening her eyes, she found him closing his and, at that moment of reality,  she felt his sorrow, his sadness, and his passion


..... deep within his kisses.



He was angry, sad, and in the same time was being carried away by the passion she had not yet understood. For once, she had never seen him like this -- behaving recklessly and caring less about his surroundings. Almost her lifetime, she knew when he was sad, angry, or upset --  if she must name a person she knew so deeply, it would have been him. He was like an open book for her, each paragraphs and words were so familiar to her, but that day he was entirely different --  an entirely different person. 
dreams upon a pillow


Could it be that....? 
 
Her other hand reached the back of his neck. Pushing herself closer onto his T- shirts, her lips  entwined in one co-ordination with him.
dreams upon a pillow
Now...he didn't have to bend down. Her arms were around his shoulders.  His kisses became softer....

Time had stopped for them.

***
dreams upon a pillow
The sun set down, replacing the sapphire sky with warm lavender -- until her common sense came back. Pulling herself away from him, she ran toward the setting sun.
dreams_pillow
dreams_pillow
Her heart raced along the dusty road. Her face burned red surpassing the sky above her head.  
Question lurked in her brain. What happened? Why did he kiss her? And why did she kissed him back?
dreams_pillow
dreams_pillow
dreams upon a pillow
Feeling a fatigue, she had not realized of how far she had been running until she noticed a swing in the playground. Gerberas and Chrysanthemums were blossoming everywhere.  A little child shoe was lying on the ground. Out of breath, she leaned on her knees. Her arms shivered. Her face was hot as if made from red chili peppers. Sounds of sturdy paces suppressed against the ground. The scent of his cologne mingled with his sweat. She knew he was there-- right behind her.

"You must be tired. Let's go home."

Valentin walked past her --  so fast he nearly tripped.
dreams upon a pillow
"Val..." She finally said. "About what happened. How long have you know ... about me?"

Valentin stopped, turning his head toward her. Rosaline glanced away, barely have the bravery to look at him.  

"I knew it since you came with Ms. Eve, your mother."

"My mother? You knew... my mother?"

"Only a little. She used to come at Christmas, but never showed up again after New Year's Eve when you were four... " His voice trailed off.

"She died in a car accident, right?"
dreams upon a pillow
"How did you -?"

"Mrs. Ivy told me."

"Mrs. Ivy? What else did that woman tell you about? Was it the reason she kidnapped you? Is she somehow related to your mother?"

"I don't know." Her voice was  low. She was  tired with everything that had happened: Mrs. Ivy, her kidnapping, Val getting in jail, and being around him made her  nervous. "About what happened, I ..."
dreams upon a pillow
"I'm sorry," He cut in, "I shouldn't have done it. I shouldn't have  kissed you, but it's  the way I truly feel about you, Rose. All these times I thought about you more than as a sister. You're not my sister. I love you..."

Rosaline's heart skipped a beat. How long had he kept it?  All those times, he was in love with her.

The memories of his kisses slipped back into her mind: his lips, the softness, his sorrow,  his fingers caressing her hair. Oh, she shut her eyes and bowed her head for thinking about it.
dreams upon a pillow
"We must be hurry." He said,  walking faster while she was trotting behind --catching up with him. 
dreams upon a pillow
Looking at his back, she wondered about her own feelings  Why he made her feel nervous? What was that kiss all about?


Even though, she was relieve to know that he had finally told her the truth and  not keeping the secret from her, but the kiss... It shouldn't have happened. They shouldn't have done that.... and his statement... oh, she would blush again just to think about it.


Theme Song: "Somewhere in Between" by Lifehouse.




Next: Ch. 8 A Heartbreak


Notes: It was bound to happen. They both had the wish.
dreams upon a pillow

17 comments:

Di Al Martini said...

I'm sorry, when I was writing the new update, my hand clicked on the mouse and the original post got deleted. Luckily, I still have the draft.

Sorry, Dee.. I lost your comments. Thank you so much, anyway. Your comments always make me smiling. Rosaline is really confuse about her friendship with Pierre, and her feelings with Valentin, especially that she had just known that she isn't his sister not very long ago.

Deema316 said...

Tis okay. I see the comments still show up on the right side of your page.

I was thinking about it later. I almost forgot about the big debt on the house. I still wonder if Rosaline is going to do what Ms. Ivy wants her to do. Especially now that Rosaline is so confused about her feelings for Pierre and Valentin. I mean, we know she is going to find out about the debt and she is going to want to help with it. She knows if she leaves there will be money to save the house. If she leaves, Valentin is going to be devastated.

Di Al Martini said...

Yes, the comments are still showing up.

I haven't forget about the debt. Valentin hasn't told her yet, but yes, sooner or later she's going to find out. Rosaline's and Valentin's journeys are just about to begin :)
Rosaline is unfortunately...an unlucky sim.

Deema316 said...

I just realised, I never played an unlucky sim. I'm going to have to try that one.
There are so many traits I still haven't tried.

I still wonder sometimes about something else too.
When her mom was identified in the accident, she was identified by her necklace, if I remember right. Now I wonder if it was really her mom.

I still believe that was her father at the hotel and that he is rich.

Di Al Martini said...

:) Yes, she was identified by her necklace.

I once played a sim girl who has unlucky trait + loner. She has a mom who is inappropriate + party animal but family oriented. I felt sorry for that girl, because she always has negative moodlet every time her mom invited the neighbors for a party. She often skipped school when I didn't play her because of her loner trait. Also, when I visited her house after playing another household, all the sinks and toilets in her house were broken and she has unlucky moodlet. Poor girl.

Di Al Martini said...

Luckily, though she's only pixels :) Actually I want to write her story, if I can, sometime in the future.

Deema316 said...

Now I really want to play a sim with those traits. I'll do that when I find one I want to torture. :D

KDSGS said...

Great continuation of the romance, Rosaline is certainly confused, and it is understandable, imagine, having two hot guys interested.
Again, lovely shots, I am envious of all the sky, flora and fauna in the Sims 3 game!
Great update~

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you again, Drew. In the story, Rosaline really wants everything to stay the same as before, but now everything started to change.

Yes, she has two guys interested in her, the only two guys in her life.

If it wasn't because of his jealousy, Valentin might still be keeping his feelings inside, though. He had romantic wishes for her since he was a teenager. After Rosaline had the same wish for Valentin, I've finally fulfilled it.

Well, things are not going to be so wonderful for her...

Di Al Martini said...

You should try it Dee. I bet you can make it interesting ;)

Deema316 said...

I think it would be funny to put a sim with those traits into the new LN EP when I get it. Poor sim would never get anywhere.

Jen said...

Oh MJ, this was such a beautiful chapter! Loved your writing, it was so descriptive.

I'm so glad that everything is 'out in the open' for them now.
Although Rose is still confused, I guess now she has to decide between Val and Pierre.

Life is never straight down the line is it. ;)

Di Al Martini said...

Jennifer, thank you ^_^

Sorry, if I was late to reply. I've been a little bit busy with other things for these couple of days that really need attentions, but I will be back again soon.

I guess Rose will answer that later. It was about time. They were really close but kept so many secrets between them. Still, Rose hasn't told him about Mrs. Ivy's offer and Val hasn't told her about the house and the debt.

Unknown said...

First: Oy, Val, calm down! He is very, very over-protective... It's obvious that he cares quite a bit, but he needs to be careful not to smother her! Sometimes in order to show that you love someone, you have to let them fly... A caged bird doesn't sing, they always say. ;)

But, that was certainly a dramatic turn of events I was not expecting. Poor Rosaline, so confused... I don't have much pity for Val, personally. He should've been more truthful, dangnabbit! *shakes fist!*

Excellent post though, MJ. You capture emotions so exquisitely... The mood and the colors in the posts were all so well done. I look forward to the next post!

Di Al Martini said...

:D I'm so agree with you, about Val being over-protective I mean. Being together for years making him often jealous with anyone near her, as though Rose is belong to him.

Right now, Rose is confuse with lot of things, but she has to make a decision soon.

Some new characters will show up. I really want to post the next update, but I have to finish a report soon.

Di Al Martini said...

Well, I'm hoping that this blog is not going into a hiatus status, though.

Thanks again, Kaleeko, for reading this.

PiB - Nicarra said...

Poor Rose, this must all be so confusing for her. She thought Val was her brother, now she's positive he's not. And Pierre would certainly be interested in being more than just friends if he can.

Val really does need to stop being so protective of Rose. She is grown now, and will need space of her own.

The writing is lovely, and you always have brilliant screenshots.

I'm finally back from my trip and getting caught up with everything (slowly).