July 12, 2011

Ch. 14: Fight for Life

The ICU room fell silent. Faces strained. Each one stared nervously at the seventeen years old girl who hardly even breathed. The electrocardiogram showed nothing, but a straight line which they called a flatline and a long beep replacing the erratic ones- calling everyone's attention. 

The nurse turned her head to the doctor stood in froze. Sweat flowed from the doctor's forehead. 
If he didn't - if they didn't - act quickly then the girl's brain would be in damage and they would lose her forever.

"Doctor...!" The nurse broke his solitude, turning his direction toward her.  The clock had ticked several times.

He inhaled. The heel of his palm pressed against the girl's sternum, ready for a compression. With a shove down hard, he attempted one last shot. "Give her one milligram of epinephrine now!"
"Right, doctor." The nurse administered the drugs into the girl's skin while the doctor pressed down the heel of his palm against the girl's sternum. Somehow... he believed- they believed- she's going to make it...  no matter how or even when....

Theme Song : "The Way I was" by Makeshift Romeo

Warning: contains violence

Celtic Foray 24:02

"Who are you?" Valentin stared at the ghost before him. For once in his life,  he had never seen one so alive.

Von- the ghost's name was, at least that name was the one stated on his criminal record. Yet, Von wasn't a ghost. He had not hanged himself in his cell like the news had stated. He was alive. He was breathing, talking and worse,  he was asking him for the Chrystal back. Valentin clenched his fist, growling. Blood rose from his thumbs as the man stared at him full of hates. 
Photobucket
"If you thought that you're going to scare me then you are dreadfully wrong!"
Photobucket
"Good." The man smirked, remained calm. "Why would you be interested about who I really am? As I've told you, kid, I'm a man with no name, no family, no past."

"What do you mean? Everyone has a past."

"You're right. I had, but it's all over - after they took it from me. My past was merely a lie, so it's not worth anymore... here...now."

Turning his head sideways, Von was shutting his eyes. He breathed  deeply as though he was walking down the path of the life he used to have. He was old, much older than Val could remember. His skin was pale - like a dead body: thin, without any glint of hope in his eyes. The only thing reside in him was his anger and vengeance. It's no wonder since he was in prison for four years. Four years and that could possibly change a person entirely, but Valentin believed there's something more, something that had costed this man so much anger.


"I will stop them. Each one of them. I will make them pay for what they did." said the man angryly.

The hair on the back of Val's neck rose. Von's eyes filled with anger, but on the same time they reflected sorrow.

 "Why are you intruding our lives? We have nothing to do with ... or against you."

" Are you sure?" The man stared back at him. "I believe you have something very important, kid. Give it back and you will walk out fine."

"The Chrystal? You want it back? Why is it so important to you? And the journal? You're not looking for it?" Valentin bit his lips for bringing back yet another topic up to the surface.

The man laughed. His gruffness showed that he wasn't in the mood to play tom and jerry. "I believe your father kept it somewhere else. We'll get into that, but  as for now, kid-"

"Where's the Chrystal?"

"I don't have it."

"What?!"

"I don't have it, so it's going to be a waste of time if you're asking it back, Von."

Von's eyes smoldered. Anger consumed him alive. "Don't lie to me, kid! I know you're lying."

"I'm telling you truth, Von. Even though, you're going to ask me the same question again, you'll never get it back. I don't have it. Not today or even tomorrow."

"Really? Then why am I feeling there's something else you haven't told me? You kept it, but you lost it? You gave it to someone else? Tell me or I will kill you!"
"Hey!" Valentin raised his arms and showed both of his palms to him. "Don't get too intense, okay? It's only just a Chrystal. And here -" He dived into his pocket.

"I have this."

They circled around him. Each one was eager to grab the white sparkling diamond. One of Von's men stretched his arms, ready for a grab, the other was holding his neck - not believing his eyes.

“It’s a diamond. Really?” A man chuckled.
“It must be a fake.”


"It's real." Valentin hushed them. "And it's more valuable than the green Chrystal you're looking for. Want to know where I got it? There." He pointed to the burial. He had a plan in his head, a brilliant one - or so he thought. The plan was to lead them inside the cave and then trap them there. If it worked, he could escape and called the police.

The plan seemed to be working. Von appeared to be contemplating about it.
"It's interesting." He rubbed his chin. His beards and moustache grew thick around his jaw- the same as four years ago.
"I don't need those diamonds, kid. They are worth nothing than the Chrystal. Believe me!  It will be better if it's in my hands than yours or anyone else. The Chrystal will make you suffer and die slowly."

Val gulped, not believing his hearings. "How a Chrystal like that would have such an effect?"

The man frowned. "You don't need to know how. It will be no use for you. Listen, I'm making this easier. I'm asking you in kind, so you may leave this place after you give the Chrystal back. As you have said, you have nothing against me. You're not my target."

"Then, who? Who is your target, Von?"

The man sighed, clearly didn't have any patient for the small talks. "Sure you're not going to give it back?" 
“Not a chance." Valentin shrugged. "I don’t have it and if it’s so valuable to you, then you just have to try hard to take it back.”  Even though he didn't believe he had said that, he clenched his fists,  pushed his shoulders back and let his torso be exposed out. A fair game was worth.

“You’re brave, kid, but stupid!”

Von’s men approached, getting ready for a signal. Val knew he should have run, but luck was on their side as he wasn’t going to make a retreat over the duel.

“Bronx!”  Von called the most muscular man between the two. “Get it done with.” He ordered.

The muscle man with dark hair, Bronx, walked steadily toward Val. His fist was ready, calling him for a fight.  “Say your last wish, boy!” He sneered, hopping around like a boxer in a ring. “Now, where do you want me to land these fist on your pretty face, huh? Right, left...? Or should I just hit you on your nose right there? Your face is making me- “


"Bronx!" Von cut him off. "Be quick! I have no time for this. Get it done or you will never get the rest of the money."

Without waiting for another warning, Bronx lifted his fist and swung it over Val's head.

Val ducked down, punching his fist into Bronx's stomach. The joints of his arms cried for the violence.
Their situations were reversed. Val was the attacker and it didn't take long for him to knock Bronx out and made him fell head first on the ground.
The other man laughed, mocking at his teammate's shellacking.

Von stood in rage. "Couldn't you make anything right?" He scorned, stepping closer.

"This is your last chance, kid."

The other man's laughter ended. "Hey, I'm- I'm going to fire up the engine." He stuttered and left them there. There were three men on the hill. Two against one. Val was alone.

"So, both of you are going to attack me, huh?" Val snarled. Until that moment, he had not made any step back. The corner of his lips mocked at their cowardice.

"Don't worry!" Von stepped forward. Raising his arms across his chest, he motioned Val to step in. "Let's have a fair fight one by one."

Even though, Val wasn't sure about it, he kept his composure calm and accepted Von's invitation in a one and one combat.

"Stupid!"


Von spun around and swung his foot into Val’s chest. Val’s body twisted backward.
Staggered, his arms propped himself up from falling. 

"It's a start. Sure you're not going to give up?" asked the man.

Val balanced himself, wiping the corner of his mouth. Red drops fell on the back of his hand. His emotions leveled up.

"Not a chance."

Von attacked him again. This time, Val had already prepared. With a flick of his wrist, he held Von's fist and then...
...shoved it away. Von stepped backward, knitting his brows in wonder.
Not wasting any chance, Val swung his kick,

but he heard something behind him. A creak of dry branch alarmed his awareness. Something wasn't right. Bronx was nowhere to be seen.

Von slammed his kick into Val’s chest. Val ducked down.

An eerie cry shocked them both. "Boss!" Bronx gasped from behind. "It's me."

Val straightened up. "Sure you're playing fair? Tell your men to back off."

"Why should I?" The man smirked.  "It would be a fool not to let him do his duty."

Von bowed. One foot spread out on the ground to make his opponent fall. Val bounced up,
strucking his foot against Von's torso. Von bellowed. His back bent inward while holding the pain.  His eyes stared in disbelief.

"I must admit that you have the courage, kid -- and you can fight. Work for me and your talents are not going to be wasted."

"What?" Valentin croaked. "Are you kidding me?"


"I know... it's ridiculous, but I will not say this twice. This is one time offer. You will be rewarded. The amount is high. I know that you need it. I know you were in jail because of a woman set you up."

"How did you-?"

"I have ears... friends. I know about the money bribe to get you into the prison. I know that you didn't do it. Listen, kid, I was in your situation: alone, no money, and the people who I'd trust and put my life at risk for, betraying me, killing everyone I loved. Now it's time for a revenge."

"Revenge? You're crazy! Whatever your reason is, I won't get my hands dirty for you, Von. Not a chance."

"Then..." Von drew himself up to his fullest height. "You're going to regret for passing the offer, kid."

"I won't. Don't worry!"
Val was ready, but strong grips locked his arms as they were being twisted to his back. Falling into a vulnerable position, a fist landed on his chest.  A drop of warm blood flowed out from his mouth.
Another strike landed on his stomach. 
His body bent down. Pain burned in his chest.
They circled him and locked him on his head, making him not able to breathe. Von's knees tasted Valentin stomach. Valentin  coughed - coughing up blood. Within seconds, his body was paralyzed.

"That's for being stubborn." Von cracked his knuckles. "Take care of him! I'm going to find our pilot."
Before Von  turned around, the pilot had stood behind them.

"What the...! What did you guys have done to him...?"

***

The morning had broken, replacing the torturing night since her husband once again left her for his business when she had just arrived back from Sunset Valley, and here she was with another man, a well-known man for his cleverness in getting everything he wanted. She stared at his plate. They had sat there for almost an hour. The silent irritated her. He should have known that she's not the kind of woman able to hold back what she's been dying to say or even let a man controls over the situation.
"Why are you inviting me here?" He said, not feeling so comfortable from the staring of others around him.

Mrs. Ivy laughed. "It's about time you and I talk. You have done a good job in hiding while blackmailing her. Now, since  we  are meeting face-to-face we can talk about anything, so...Have you considered about the offer?"

The man chuckled, wasn't taking his eyes off from his food. "Mrs. Shaw, I have no idea why you are suddenly so interested in working with me. I tell you again, woman, I work alone up to this moment now. If you want to collaborate with me, you have to work according to my rules and procedures."

"Oh," Mrs. Ivy shrieked, holding her fork. "It's so arrogant of you to ask me that kind of favor, Sir. Don't forget I have the lady behind the man who's making all the decisions, and you...what do you have as a guarantee?"

The man grinned. "I have the access, information, and it won't be long until a check mate is done. Tell your friend there that all of her secrets will be kept in a dungeon far away from the press so long as she does what I have asked." He smirked.

"Really?" Mrs. Ivy hissed. Putting down her fork, she extended her left hand. Her fingers rolled on his arm, giving him the shiver to feel a glimpse about the softness of her skin. 

"Sure you want to refuse this good cooperation, kind Sir? Together, you and I can flesh out our dominance across nations."

"What about your husband?"


"That could be arranged."

Pulling her hand across her chest, Mrs. Ivy held her chin in an elegant manner. "I guess, my husband has finally had enough. I wonder where his passions had gone to, but you, kind Sir, I know you're a man with lots of passions." Her lips curled, letting out a woman's strength to conquer a man before her. Her fingers rolled on his arm again, giving him the sensation that a man could get from her.

"I don't trust you, woman." He slapped her hand. "You're a slick little snake. One moment you're here for a bigger bait, one moment you leave your partner when he's in a threat. Now, let us work according to our rules and procedures. Yours are yours. Mine are.mine. That is until mine usurps yours." He laughed.

Mrs. Ivy furrowed her brows, but soon worrying on the wrinkles on her forehead which would appear soon from the argument they're having-- even though she had invested on it millions of simoleons six years ago. Still, the fear didn't compare to the shame she must deal with. She knew all along that this man could be so hard to be comprehended.

"You'll have it." She said, lifting her chin up to make sure that the man would know who was in charge. "You can be sure that my husband is able to turn the table in any time soon and will prevail. All he needs is an encouragement from his dear wife and with all the connections he has, he's going to take over your territory and claim it as his- in a single of flick. You can be sure of it." She took her fork again.


"I see that this conversation is done." The man put  his fork and knife down, ready to leave.

"Is it polite to leave a woman in a rush? I thought that you are a noble man, but you left me here when our conversation has not been settled yet. I'd say, kind Sir, whatever plan you'll come up with, it won't work."

The man looked at her-- to the woman stared at him full of arrogance. "I never was a noble man and we cannot be a team, if you're still calling me Sir instead by my real name, woman."
"Oh, right!" Mrs. Ivy chuckled. "And have you known that he had escaped from the prison? What will you do when he confronts you?" 

The man furrowed, appeared to be sinking in deep thoughts. 

"If he does something to my family, I will double his suffering. No one is able to mess up with the Kanes. Same goes for you, fool." 

He grinned and then left her there in the restaurant.

To be Continued


Notes:

Somehow, I'm so nervous about this post, because I borrowed some of your sims and.... your main casts.

Please take notes that not all of the characters in the story have appeared. You will find out more as the story progresses.

and ....this pic made me Lol.

In the mean time, I have installed Generations, but there were some glitches happened: constant meteor strikes, losing relationships, and they were counted as dead, though I was still playing them. The constant meteor strikes caused by an outdated mod... and I think most of them were caused by mods. I'm thinking about playing save, but I still need Master Controller. Luckily, Twallan has updated his mods. So far, I'm really enjoying playing this EP. It's fantastic! Though, the features are not shown in this update ;)

14 comments:

PiB - Nicarra said...

Poor Rose, I hope that the doctor revives you soon.

Hmm, this time Von brought back up. Three against one, he definitely wants that Chrystal. Dear me, Phillip, what are you doing there?

First the journal and now a Chrystal, Von is a greedy soul. He needs way better henchmen though. His muscle failed entirely - interesting. Poor Val, he put up a good fight but it certainly wasn't a fair one.

Hmm, Phillip was the pilot, and not expecting the scene when he got back.

You know, I had a feeling I knew who was having lunch with Mrs Ivy. :) Another fascinating thread in progress.

Can't wait to see where this is all going!

Di Al Martini said...

Hi, PiB! Thank you for reading and commenting.

Phillip -a gentle and nice sim he is- he surely will not be one of Von's henchmen. ;) You will see how he got into the situation. Hmm, I have two Grants in the story. That would be interesting.

Von, greedy? Even though, he appeared to be so, he actually has a reason that he thinks is "right".

I was going to make Jeb as a mysterious guest, but I think by revealing who he is, it will give you some ideas. :D I hope Kaleeko will approve. He does have certain role in the story that will match him perfectly.

In an unsaved game, (when I still put him alone) Jeb married to a sim, and have two children. I was surprised because it's in Champs Les Sims. I never found sims having children while I was playing the vacation world. The townies in there usually would have children after our sims returned home.. or maybe I wasn't paying attention to that. :D

Thank you again, PiB.

PiB - Nicarra said...

I make no assumptions about a Sims character once he leaves my computer. I mean, Thomas Leman is usually a kind and gentle soul - but he turns up in Kaleeko's blog as a major crim. So Phillip may not be that sweet flirty Sim he usually is.

Looking forward to learning more about Von.

I don't think Kaleeko will mind Jeb being here. Heaven knows, I have sinned a number of times against the Kane family and Kaleeko has yet to disapprove. :)

I have yet to play a vacation world long enough for Sims to have babies there.

Keep up the excellent work.

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you, PiB. That is so sweet of you. It may not be an excellent work, if I don't have amazing friend like you.

I must take note of the character's traits. I would love their traits just the way they are. It adds flavour to the story ;)

Di Al Martini said...

Traits and profession can be two different things, though ;) Good Night, PiB.

Jen said...

Great update!

Such detailed and descriptive writing of both the fight scene and the scene at the restaurant.
I love your shots too, wonderful!

I too hope that the doctor revives Rose. What are we going to do if he doesn't? :(

Poor Val, he tried his hardest but in the end was no match for the others.

I was intrigued to see Jeb in the last shot. This will make for interesting times with him around. ;)

Looking forward to more MJ, well done!

Oh and I hear you on the glitches with Generations installed. I had to uninstall mine. Constant crashes were making the game almost unplayable. Not sure if I will install it yet, might wait a bit. I do miss some of the new interactions and objects that came with it though. But meh... I'd rather have a playable game than not one at all. :)

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you so much for reading and commenting, Jennifer.

Yes, they could not do interactions at some point. I'm still hoping that it was caused by mods. I haven't got around to test more.

Until now, I haven't actually played the game because of the glitches. The constant crashes happened to me, but after I added TS3W.exe into the DEP thing, the crashing stopped.

Di Al Martini said...

Actually, I want to fast forward this part and get into the more emotional one.

mmmcheezy225 said...

Oooh, Jeb! :D

Hopefully Rose will make a speedy recovery.

So if Valentin doesn't have the Chrystal, I wonder who does...

I have to admit, I find Von very intriguing.

Glitches = boooo!!! I hope you find the conflicting mods soon. :)

Great update!

Di Al Martini said...

Yes, Jeb ^^ I hope Kaleeko will agree.

Awww...mmmcheezy thank you for reading and commenting <3. I really appreciate it.

Good question, who owns the chrystal now?

I'm glad you noticed Von very intriguing. Sometimes, characters like these (including Jeb and Mrs. Ivy) are more interesting. :)

So, I've found a mod that contributed to it.

I haven't updated the mod when I installed Generations back (my fault), that's why the meteors attack happened. But the creator has updated it and is working fine now. It's scribbling pad.

So, with the updated mod installed, the meteor had stopped Still, I have to check again for another/different glitches that may happen: like losing family ties and relationships.

^^ Thank you again, mmmcheezy.

Unknown said...

Squeee!!

Okay, I'm gonna try to keep this comment relatively short, but: wow, awesome post!

Ros's life is still hanging in the balance as everything else goes down (aaaah!! Is she going to live?! *bites nails*), and some interesting things going down indeed.

That chrystal... Huh, where has it gone off to? Better question--why is it worth so much more than that gigantafreaking huge diamond?! I know you can't answer those now, but I am definitely VERY interested to find out.

And, what does Mrs. Ivy need help with that the zomgJebidiahKane can provide (I definitely did a little squeal when I saw him!!)? I can't wait to find out, ee! Also--you portrayed Jeb absolutely perfectly. I could not have written his responses better myself--magnifico!

As always, your screenshots are absolutely brilliant--especially those in the fight scene. I know how hard those can be, so I have HUGE admiration for how awesome you made it look. And how everyone is so expressive! Just fantastic, as usual. :3 <3!

Di Al Martini said...

Wow.. You surely have written the longest, but I love each of them.

Awww... Thank you <3 That's such a compliment.

Really, I think I will never write Jeb as amazing as yours.

Jeb has always been such a special and interesting character. He's one of your dearest and to all of us too. This Jeb certainly has a special role in the story, and will be around till later - until all/some of these mysteries is solved. So, I'm going to borrow him until then, but the whole story and the true of Jebidiah Kane will certainly only be found in your blog.

Thank you <333

KDSGS said...

Wonderful MJ,

The narrative was tight, crisp and suspenseful. Loved the fight scenes, well done.
And Wow about Rose, how she can be revived.
Val was great in this, true hero material. And Von fills the villain role nicely.
Not sure who some of these other characters are, sort of feel out of the loop, but the conversation was fascinating!
Great job~

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you so much ~Drew... It really means a lot. And your comment have just brightened my day...

One of the other characters is Mrs. Ivy the woman who somehow connected to Rose's father... and she have asked Rose to leave France... and the other is a character who will show up again and both will give us some answers of the questions in the story...