July 17, 2010

The Love of a Firefighter End of Chapter Part 5 - Eva - To Fix What Has Already Been Broken

firefighter

We sat on a bench at the Esplanade that morning. It had been several weeks passed since our last meeting. Lots of things had changed since then, but I had not heard any news or clues about her at first. She looked a bit calm than the night she came to me. I couldn't even see the trace of tears on her cheek. 

She took a deep breath while gazing at the lake in front of us. I could hear it stuck in her throat as she cleared it off before finally spoke.

"It seems everything is going well between you and Lila."

"Pretty much." I answered. I was going to say: "It's been great." but not upon noticing the look on her face.


firefighter

"It's good then." She said.

"Yes. I just hope that my friend feels the same, or at least will, so... how are things?" Finally, I have the courage to ask her the question. No matter how deep the hesitation tried to fight it down, it finally passed my tongue. Maybe if those words were kept in my throat, she would not let me know about it -- of how things have been progressing for her in the last few weeks. I was hoping to hearing good news.

"The truth, Dave. I think that I would not be able to believe him anymore. I cannot trust him or put my faith on him like the way I used to. I loved him, but that man betrayed my love. I just want to slap him and make him realize all the hurts inside, and how it's suffocating and killing me ..." There was a pause before she exhaled a breath. Her words filled with anger, and I could see how much she tried to hold it. I had never seen her like this before.

"What would you expect if you were in my position, Dave? If you were me, what would you do?" She said, asking me a question that I haven't  thought before.

".. I don't know.. If Lila do that, I seriously have no idea of what to do." I answered. Of course, I could not imagine it, to see my Lila falling in another man's arms.

"Actually, it would be easy for me to just leave him. We haven't had a child. I could  walk away. I'm not tied on anything with him, except for the commitment we've made years ago, but, then again, he broke it. So, is there anything worth to fight for?" She turned to me, ready for an answer, but I was kept in silence, trying not to make things worse than already was by saying things to her.

Photobucket

She threw her gaze away and sniffed, taking the oxygen  from the flowing water in the lake, and then quickly exhaled it back. It should have been a refreshing breath, but the waste from a laboratory and unused warehouse nearby, made us hesitated to take a further breath.

"Do you still love him?" I asked, breaking off the silence.
"Does it even matter now?" She questioned me back.
"Perhaps..."

Eva thought about it, and then with an expressionless smile she said:

"Some people believe that love is only temporarily and that it will be gone after the lust is gone. I almost believe it. Has he lost our love? When I asked him, he said that it was just a temporary fling, to find something that he could not get from me. I almost believe it. He made me believe it, but couldn't he see all the attentions and love I showed every day by the time he woke up and then fell to sleep again? By the time I prepared him bread and egg for breakfast? Maybe, I behaved, and acted like what he told me, but he's not that perfect either and it doesn't justify his act. He should not have cheated. He should have talked about our problem first. Then, we could discuss of how to work things out, and we could even decide if we should call our lawyers or not. Now, he almost covered the possibility to overcome the problems in our marriage.  He said that he was sorry, and he still loves me and wants to keep our marriage. He is even willing to attend the marriage counseling together."

"So, what would you do, Eva?"

"I don't know, Dave. The wound has not healed yet. Perhaps, I need time while trying to find a way to work things out, until I'm finally able to forgive him. It's hard... mostly if it concerns the person you cared and trust so much. It felt like being stabbed in the back and the knife just won't come out. Even when I have finally learned and able to forgive him, the memory will still be there except if I have an amnesia or something."  She smiled. Her words put me in silence. I could not fathom all the pain she experienced. I learned something, probably one of valuable lessons from my friend.

I know marriage is not an easy thing to do. Probably there will be few obstacles along the way, and sometimes we have to communicate with our partner about the grudges that haunt us, rather than trying to pursuit an easy get away. Even though, it will not be easy to say or, even more, to hear it.

The main matter is simple though that everyone is just eager to be wanted, to feel being loved. But, sometimes our ideal of being loved is different with our partner. I guess that's when good communication, honesty, understanding, and love will play their roles.

And I must admit that love is not still or in a certain state, rather it flows along with our emotions and some elements in our brain that doctors and scientist have been trying to figure out until now. Love that flare like a burning fire can be extinguishable if neither one struggle to warm it up, and in the end, maybe the fire will turn into a little light from a candle. But, I guess those moments will be worth, after all those tests and struggles, at a time when we have grown older and wiser.

 I didn't know what would happen, and I'm just a man. I  hoped that Eva's experience would remind me later. One thing I definitely knew for sure that I love Lila. Hopelessly in love with her. I could  not imagine to live without her. All I could imagine is to be beside her, to make her feel comfort and loved, and I wanted her to love me always.

While I thought about Lila, her smile, and put some silly smiles on my own face, suddenly Eva chuckled.

"Dave, thank you for  muffled me by letting me cry on your shoulder that night. I guess I almost acted like a fool. It was a coincidence that you were in a same disappointment like I was. Could you imagine if we did it, after knowing that your Lila has not left you at the altar deliberately?" She said after she stopped herself from laughing.

"I'm glad you're laughing, Eva.  And you're not being a fool. You just wanted to talk to someone. It's so coincidence that I also needed someone. I didn't know why me might. Maybe it was because of the pain we felt. I'm glad we didn't  do it, or it would make things complicated than already is."

"I know.  I should have faced it no matter how it hurts. I told him that I would leave him if he did it again, and I would do it gladly.  For now, I will give him a chance. Let's just see about it later!" She winked.

Photobucket

I smiled. It was nice to see her a bit relaxed.

"I hope that we will meet and talk again in different circumstances, Dave." She got up from the bench.

With those words out of her mouth, I knew that she needed a time to be alone to take care of her problems. 

"I hope so, and I understand, Eva. I wish for your happiness, no matter how things will turn out for you."
Photobucket

She smiled. "Life is like a flowing water and blowing breeze, Dave. I know I will get through this eventually. I just hope that it will not change me drastically to the worst side, although part of me has already changed. I hope I'm becoming a better person. I'm glad to have known you, Dave. I always believe that everything goes for a reason. Thank you for listening to me."

Photobucket

"You're welcome. And thank you, Eva, I hope we will always be friends."

We said goodbye that day at the Esplenade. We were still  good friends, and we would run into each other on the road, but it would be better that way. Things would never be the same again for Eva and me. I only wished happiness for my dear friend. 

Photobucket

I rushed  home afterwards. I came home to see her... my love, the only one.


Photobucket

"You look so happy today." She beautifully smiled.

"Yes, I am... cause I'm here... with you."


Photobucket

Lila, my love, I want to grow old with you.



To Be Continued to : The Falling Angel of Fire Part One"



Theme Song : "Grow Old With Me" by John Lennon and "When I Wake Up Tomorrow" by The Perishers

19 comments:

Di Al Martini said...

I guess it's clear now. They didn't do it. They could, but they didn't. So you can stop worrying of hearing an unexpected news Dave would hear. Although, I must admit that it would make the storyline a bit more interesting. But,he didn't have any romantic wishes for her. So, he didn't do it. All the while, I was just teasing you. I love to tease sometimes. Sorry, though.

As for the story: Eva chose not to see Dave again because he has already married and her friendship with him might complicate things, even though they only considered each other as friends. They were still best friend and still not involved in any emotional affair yet. I guess the attraction wasn't there between these two and they still kept things just as friends, at least for the mean time.

The story has not ended yet!

Unknown said...

Aww... Poor Eva. Hopefully things between her and Shamus get better, but if my game is any clue to their future, it's going to be rocky. I always thought it was interesting, that EA paired up two Sims so completely different.

But yes, you certainly are a tease! I totally thought they'd woohoo'd. The way you presented it was so suggestive! But, obviously, that was the whole point. ;) You trickster you! Fantastic job with that, I was completely fooled.

But, as much as I pity Eva, I feel very happy for Dave. I'm glad that he did the right thing, and that things with him and Lila are back to how they should be. Yay!

Di Al Martini said...

Probably things would be rocky between her and Shamus or be the otherwise. I always see their traits fulfilled each other. His childish and friendly nature would take Eva out from her books and his flirts would balance her opposite trait. But, then again his traits will make him fooling around all the time too. But, there's a hope for these two.

Dee said...

I just breathed a huge sigh of relief knowing Eva isn't pregnant by Dave. You go ahead and tease all you want it. It's fun.
I still haven't forgotten the beginning of this story and still a little on edge. I still wonder what is going to happen. I'm just glad to know that their relationship isn't going to be ruined because he has a child with Eva.

Di Al Martini said...

I guess you should be a bit worried there, Dee. There is still one disaster left I haven't post and the beginning of this story is one of the main story.

Unknown said...

Well jeez!

Now I'm ultra-totally-mega curious. Aaaagh! Man, you have me hooked, line and sinker and all. Gonna be on pins and needles til the next post!

Di Al Martini said...

Well that's a line I still cannot write, Kaleeko. See, I should really learn from you all. By the way, please read my next post. It's a story that ends in one post. It has ended already.

Dee said...

Me and you both Kaleeko.

@MJ, and I still have a feeling it is going to make me weep.:) From sadness for them or joy for them or both, I don't know. I just know it's going to make me weep.

Unknown said...

Well, don't rely on my English *too* much for learning purposes, as I frequently tend to distort grammar (and words) as a comedic device... I'm just goofy. ;) English college majors everywhere are crying over how much I enjoy mangling our language.

Read and commented! Wonderful, as usual, MJ.

Dee, I have a feeling I'm going to be holding back tears, myself. I know I was when he thought Lila stood him up, it was so heartbreaking...

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you, Dee, Kaleeko. It's been wonderful writing these. I can't believe myself I am learning so much from this.

@Kaleeko, I think I need a little bit spices and comedy in my stories ;)

Dee said...

MJ knows to never rely on my *English* unless she wants to totally destroy the language.
I keep expecting someone to read my blog and start correcting me. :D

Your stories are great just the way they are M.J. I have seen comedy and spice in them. Especially on their wedding night.

Unknown said...

MJ, as strange as this may sound, you write far far better than a lot of native english speakers I know. Partly because a lot of people my age are ridiculously awful at spelling and basic grammar, but mostly because you're just that good.

And I do have to say -- a little bit of comedy is always a good thing. ;)

Di Al Martini said...

By the way,@Dee, maybe, even he had a child with Eva, Lila would still accept him.

Dee said...

Good, because it would have happened under very stressful circumstances. She would have forgiven him.
Again, I must agree with Kaleeko.

Di Al Martini said...

Once again, thank you Dee and Kaleeko. It's almost midnight here and I am going to lay my head on the pillow ;) hopefully to have a wonderful dream. Thanks for today :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor Eva. I feel so bad for her here. The way she just walks away all alone. I'm really starting to like her.

So, Lila doesn't have to worry about David and any possible little Daves. That's a good thing.

Still sad about Eva. :(

Di Al Martini said...

Me too. Eva is a nice sim. She is one of the sims in Twinbrook that attract my attention. Well, should Dave walk her home ;)?

Lila has something else to concern.

PiB - Nicarra said...

So sad about Eva but I'm glad that Dave has his Lila to come home to. He's been working so hard toward that goal for so long. She has been the one he really wanted, even if Eva was a temptation when he thought Lila had skipped their wedding day.

Di Al Martini said...

Thanks for the comment, PiB. He never had a wish for anyone else, even after I played him at the parallel world. He had some friends there: Aimee, Eva, and an EA sim whose name I forgotten. But, still among the four, he only wished for her, Lol. Although I thought it was cute and I was pretty confused for the reason. Probably because her traits matched him?