July 26, 2010

The Falling Angel of Fire - Part 1

Photobucket
“What's up, Girl? How come a beautiful woman like you look so sad?"


firefighter,firefighter 
" C'mon, beautiful! Don't be sad! Cheer up and smile! I love it when you smile."
firefighter
"Oh, you want me to make you smile again? You can bet on it. You will be smiling again in no time."
firefighter
"Ugh, at second thought, I think this is not going to work between us."
firefighter
"I'm sorry, Cleo."
 Photobucket
"According to the book you should have a melancholic face." 


He gripped the hammer and swung it like a pro. He had been practicing his sculpture skill by then, and he hadn't gone insane yet or in desperate loneliness. He was only getting excited in completing the project, especially on his day offs. It was a very enjoyable thing to do, particularly to release his stress from doing his duties as a fireman besides hanging out with his team and, of course, being with his wife.  He started doing this new hobby when he and Lila took a short trip to an exotic island. Since then, he fell in love with this new hobby.


Despite the fact that his sculpting skill has been progressing so well, and he could easily make a statue,  would he be able to make a beautiful masterpiece, the one which would be appreciated for all time? He still had not able to make one with high standard of quality, even after he had finished making a head sculpture of the Egyptian princess which had a very high complexity. 


Yet, he smiled a lot in the process, running his fingers into the clay, feeling the shape he had pictured inside his head and carefully formed the muddy soil into a work of art. He decided to make a small one. Maybe, by putting all of his effort  to a smaller size, he could display the artwork at The Louvre and get the attentions of Art Critics. 


"Honey!" a  voice of a woman soon meddled in his mind, right in the middle of it. His open palms quickly clenched and, by doing so, his nails made a scratch on the clay. He stood up, walking to source of the sound, greeting her with a soft kiss upon her lips.






"You're home,  angel."

Theme Song: "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars
***

In the morning, noises in the kitchen disrupted him from his amazing dream. He got up from the bed and stared straight to the kitchen which was a few feet away from the bed. He and his wife were still living in modesty. Most people would find it not nice or comfortable, but, he and his wife loved the place. They called it simplicity, simply practical, and they simply didn't need anything else at that time. Not, when there were only two of them around, and they spent most of their time at the firehouse. Still, he took a note to re-paint the walls on the weekend.

He smiled, seeing her -- the woman of his dreams-- standing behind the counters with a knife in her right hand and fresh vegetables in her left hand. Undeniably, she was the greatest gift from heaven,  the one that  made him fell to sleep at 2 a.m beside of fire. 


*** 

"What are you making, love?"
"Autumn Salad."
"Are those organic cranberries that you've bought from the market yesterday?" He opened the refrigerator and  grabbed a bottle of milk.
"Yes. I got a discount. Fifty percents." Her eyes twinkled, as  it was a small victory.
By that time, he had finished drinking the milk and his mouth had already begun to chew a stolen carrot from the cutting board. He tried to take another one, but her hands stopped him from reaching it. "You may eat after it served."

Being unsuccessful, he waited, staring at her while smiling, but after the minute hand ticked for the forty  times, he could not stand it anymore.
firefighter
"Come here!" He pulled her body onto his chest - -so fast that she wasn't aware of it. Of course after she put down the knife, or it might have already stabbed him in the stomach.

"...I haven't finished cooking." 
"It can wait. I'm not that hungry. Even if I were  hungry,  this would make me forget about it."  
"Oh right? Like you can stand not to eat the whole day? And what about me?" She rolled her  eyes, still hasn't tried to freed herself from him either.
"I will cook for you as the replacement. I love you, gorgeous. Until now, how many times I've said it? I love you..." He kissed her on her forehead.

"I need you." He kissed her lips.

"I want you." Then down to her neck.



***
She still could remember the first night they were together, after their clothes fell onto the floor and there was nothing left on their skin. It was an unforgettable moment. She noticed his eyes were on  the scar on her waist. It was a burnt scar, not big, but noticeable. She got it from the day she must fight the fire at their first supposed to be wedding day. She was a little embarrassed by that scar, but no matter what, it represented her at some parts. It represented  her line of duties and became a mark that declared her determination to risk her own life to safe others. Even though, after she had been wrapped in his arms, she wanted to live forever and be selfish for once.
  
"It's horrible, huh?" She bit her lips. 
"Of course not, love." 

Actually, it was usual for a firefighter to have scars, but her woman nature wanted her skin to be perfect for her husband on their first night. Even though in the end, she would have stretch marks without the scar, either. 

She realized it. What she didn't realize was that, behind his gaze, he didn't care about the appearance of the scar, and it actually reminded him of something. She would have probably gotten killed  that night, and he would have seen her being wrapped in the body bag, instead of the blond woman. And the most important thing was he loved her with the whole package, every piece of her. So... he kissed her, "I love you.", and then  kissed her scar. "Lila, my angel, you're so beautiful."
  

***

They both knew that each moment they walked out of the front door, it would probably be the last time they're together in the house. 


So, while they're still could, they wanted to cherish those times together, to be wrapped in each other's arms and warmth.  He ended their closeness with a soft kiss on her cheek  and rested on her chest while she stroked his hair and kissed his forehead in return.



 ***
Photobucket 
"I'm not going to hug you again if you don't take a bath soon, Mr. Johnston."
"And what would I get beside a hug?" 
"You will never know if you don't hurry up." She laughed. "Come on! Or we're going to be late for work."
 
firefighter
It seemed everything was perfect. Almost too perfect to become a reality. Would it only be a dream that would end soon? To know that one of them would disappear after a call and might not come back again the morning after.

Yet, they have already prepared for the worst and were grateful for everything  they had. They only hoped that both of them would get through all of these until they retired and surrounded by their children at their old age.

Both of them wanted to have lots of children, five at least, but Lila decided to postpone it for a couple of years, and he agreed. He could wait, and it was probably for the best. They couldn't  possibly leave their youngsters at home with a nanny while they fought against fire. Lila wouldn't want that. If she has her babies, she would want to raise them by her own hands. Not like her mother did. 

 firefighter

She wouldn't have postponed having a baby, if she had not been  highly coped with her duties as a firefighter. She had just received her promotion and signed the contract.  Even though, she received it longer than Dave was and with harder effort than the other firefighters did, who were mostly men.
firefighter
So, while she had the chance, she wanted to live her dream to become a firefighter. She even left the comfort and pleasure she once had, only to reach for that goal. 

firefighter
"If you choose to become a volunteer rather than marrying the young man I chose for you and begin your own business, you should leave this place. I don't want every morning to look at your face during breakfast, worrying about the call or your chief coming over to say his grief." said Mrs. Katharina, her mother. 
 firefighter
"Don't worry mother, I will leave and...  you were rarely here for breakfast either."

Lila came from a rich family. Her mother invested so much money in different business segments and spent most of her time outside the country, leaving little Lila at home with only nannies and a driver, but before those fortunes came, they couldn't even afford to buy school books for Lila. Not until her mother began the palm oil business which changed their life drastically. If little Lila had a wish, she would wish for everything to go back as before, when her father was still around her. 

firefighters


She must admit that her mother was only worried of her future. She also knew how hard her mother had tried, knuckling down to get her well educated and for her to have things which other girls would've been envy for. However, Mrs. Katharina forgot about something, something that's really important that little Lila often wished for, even after she had  grown up. 
firefighter 
She wished her mother was there to watch her play the soccer at the school tournament. She waited on the field until all the audience left, but  her mother didn't come. 

Photobucket 
She waited, but the seat remained empty. Her mother didn't come either for  her next important days with excuses. Little Lila eventually learned to accept it day by day.

However, everything changed when her grandmother came. Her emptiness suddenly filled up. Her days were loaded with lecturing, nagging, and advices.
firefighters


She learned everything from her grandmother -- things which a little girl should know. 
 firefighters
Things that her mother should have taught her instead --  of how it was supposed to be to become a young woman. 

Lila shared her secrets with her grandmother and confessed her naughtiness, no matter how foolish they were. 
Photobucket


Like the time she climbed trees inside Mrs. Angelica's garden and jumped from one branches  to the other until she fell down and broke her  flowerpot. 
firefighter 
Her grandmother was quite surprised to seeing her coming home with wounds on her knees and elbows, but then she laughed to seeing the look on the little girl's face and after she listened to her story. From that moment on, her grandmother called her ' My little tarzan girl'.


 FIREFIGHTER


One day,  Lila made a boy cried and then the boy snitched to Mrs. Alice, their teacher.  Mrs. Alice came to their house  to lecture her, but she only found her grandmother there.  In the night, her mother phoned her  yet for another lecturing. Her mother knew that Lila made a fault by landing a kick on the boy's butt, so she thought Lila deserved a punishment for that.
firefighters


Photobucket 
What she didn't know was that little Lila only did it to stop him from annoying a girl who later on became her best friend.

Her grandmother knew all that stuff.   
Photobucket 
The good times, foolish times, and   
firefighter
even sad times. Like the time she had her first crush,
 firefighter
 but l found out later  that he chose her best friend over her. 
Photobucket
She came to her grandmother and cried.


Photobucket
Her grandmother calmly stopped her from crying. She gave her comforting words which brought her confident back.

"Let it burn and pass by!  Go to the deep ground while we're turning into lovely women. Don't come out  because we will never look back. We are precious and deserved to be loved.  We'll find another, better than them." 

It sounded like a witchcraft, but it wasn't. It wasn't a curse, either.  'Burn and pass by' means: burn the broken heart memory  and let it passes by over time. Let it be buried deep below their conscious mind so they would never remember about the hurt again. Her grandmother once had her broken heart too, so she knew how it felt. She said those words  with her and they ended it with  laughter.


Lila had beautiful moments with her. 
firefighter
But after her grandmother died, everything went back as usual, and she felt that emptiness again


firefighter
Not until she finally met him.




***
 
She felt that she had been given too much. Too perfect. But she wanted that perfection. 
 firefighter

Together they dealt with fire,  two in and two out. She  backed him up and so the otherwise. Even though, their togetherness brought  issues within the department.  
Photobucket
"Tim, you know she doesn't deserve this. She has done a pretty good job." 
"I know, Dave. I'm sorry. That's what it said. She must leave this department soon. If only I could help."

To be Continued 

Notes: From now on, I'm using the third person because the beginning of the story used it. I have to go back to Lila's past. I just wanted you to know her better. Lila's trait are: brave, Eco-friendly, over emotional, hopeless romantic, family oriented. Her Lifetime wish is the same with Dave: to become a firefighter super hero. 

41 comments:

Di Al Martini said...

I'm going to mix my next updates with "Dreams Upon a Pillow". I just want to know your opinions. Would you be okay to read different stories each time I post an update? The reasons are: this one will take longer than originally I've thought and I surely don't want Valentin's story to be forgotten. But, as long you would not mind by it.

Unknown said...

That sounds great to me, MJ. :)

Wonderful update! It's great to see some of Lila's history, she's been mostly a mystery up until now. The backstory is wonderful, and both your writing and screenshots are amazing.

I'm a bit worried about Lila, now. They're firing her? Oh no! She doesn't seem like she's having the best of luck, lately... Or ever. :( At least she's got Dave.

I look forward to seeing more... more of whatever you decide to post next!

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you, Kaleeko. I really appreciated your comments and compliments. I could not imagine if you stop reading this blog. Believe me, it will break my heart.

Oh, about Lila will be answered in the next update (valentin's story will be posted afterwards). She's not the type of giving up easily. Well, she has Dave. That counted as a luck, or... well, you know one of his traits is. But, before and after they married, he never stopped of having wishes for her and babies too! All of them were filled with her and having a child with her, besides his main wishes as a firefighter of course.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me, too. I like knowing more about the sims I'm reading about. It makes the story more personal.

I'm enjoying this story very much but I've missed Valentin's story. I'm glad you're going back to it, again.

Dee said...

I loved learning about Lilas past, MJ. No I don't mind if you take turns with the two stories.

You have a lot of special effects here. They are great.
Those two are so much in love.

PiB - Nicarra said...

Love the update. Some of those screenshots are truly lovely.

Lila's past was very interesting. You can see why she was a bit aloof at first with Dave. Love hasn't been as easy for her.

I don't mind if you take turns with stories either.

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you, Chrysame, Dee, PiB.
@Chrysame, I will try to cover each sim's background, including the antagonists. I'm glad that you were still looking forward for Valentin's story.
@Dee, Thank you. Special effects for this one were: adding more contrast, brightness, blur, and some features from Picassa.
@PiB. Thank you, I'm glad you love it. Lila has reasons for being like that which I will cover later on. But, one thing for sure, it was hard to date with a firefighter sim, especially if your sim wasn't one. They always hang around at the fire station. But, it's weird that once I thought I could find her there, she wasn't around. Well, at least they are together now :)

Dee said...

I knew you had to use moveobjects to get her up a tree.
I saw a comment in my email that I don't see here. You must have deleted it. I was wondering how you made them all sit around like that without a picnic basket. Now I know.

Berry said...

Great update! It was nice to see into her past :)

Di Al Martini said...

No, I didn't Dee. I used move objects for some pictures but for the tree one I had to use Corel Draw to put her in the tree. And I used vanishingobject mod for the picnic basket, it was just a coincidence that they gathered around like that. I forget the link of these mods, but I am going to write all mods I used in this blog including: OPh, Twallan, shimrod's mod, No zzz, etc

Di Al Martini said...

Thanks Berry!

Di Al Martini said...

By the way, have you noticed the Character's Bio & family tree page, Dee? Did you able to see the tree on the site? Thanks. I'm going to add other characters beside main ones.

Unknown said...

I just noticed that myself a little bit ago, MJ. :) I really like it so far.

Di Al Martini said...

Well, mine hasn't been a legacy one, so it's still simple. But, maybe I will get into that someday. I got carried away by writing their hobbies, relationships, physical appearance, etc since there are just only a few. Their traits may change if the storyline demand it.

Di Al Martini said...

By the way if you click on the events, you will find important events that happened to their life (even like the time Valentin got arrested) I'm still updating it.

Unknown said...

Big, complicated trees aren't always the best. :) Mines got a lot of odds and ends, but most of the Sims on it are ones that no one will ever hear about anyways, so it's not all that useful.

I really love yours, because even though it's small, it's got a lot of detail on all the characters. I really like tidbits like that, so I totally enjoy looking at all the things you've added so far -- it really shows how much work you put into it. Even map tags. I mean really... map tags!! It's amazing. :D

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you, Kaleeko. I'm glad you like it. Maybe tonight I will add more characters again (antagonists). It is still limited though, since I'm still using it free. I like yours very much, you put all their ancestors and write the details and photos really amazed me and I love the appearance of your blog very much.

Unknown said...

I'd be really interested to see. :) If you do, make sure to mention it so I can go back and look.

Thank you, <3. It takes a little time to put that kind of stuff together, but it's always satisfying to wax on the details to really help flesh out the blog. In fact, I loved your Theme Music list so much, I may use that site to add music clips to some posts in the future. That was a really fantastic idea. :) Some great music in there, too.

So, I just re-read the beginning of this post again, and it really made me laugh. :D So great.

Dee said...

I noticed it after I received your email about it M.J. I know there is a lot of work that goes into the family trees. I've done it in real life. In Sims I've never stuck with a family long enough to make one. It looks great.

Sometimes I have a one track mind. It just looks at the story and forgets to look at anything else. I finally saw your poll and voted. :)

Di Al Martini said...

I think I know which one you voted ;), Dee.
I was worried that anyone could not see it. I have to make them all deceased so their information would appeared.

Dee said...

Of course you know which one I voted. I'm a dreamer with high hopes for her. Someday she just has to be rich. She's been poor for so long. She and Valentin have had such a hard life.

Dee said...

I can't help but laugh when I see all the family trees. You know how archeologist are always finding information about people from thousands of years ago. I keep imagining the archeologist of the future, oh let's say 500 years from now, discovering sim family trees and thinking they were real people. :D I know, my brain is strange. I also think of them discovering the remains of all our computers and thinking they had some religious significance (sp?). :)

Di Al Martini said...

:) That's why I wrote in the profile/welcome message that the family trees belongs to the characters in a story (maybe I have to add "Fiction" like in my disclaimer.

Yesterday, I opened the trees and I could not see a thing. I had to publish the tree again to the web. I don't know, but I took the free account and the expiration date is 1 (one) day. I'm going to check it again.

I always think that when writing this blog, I am writing about short stories, comic, or a book even though it's very far from a good novel. Just a simple fiction story with images all over it. The gameplay helped me in building the story.

Di Al Martini said...

Oh, yes.. about their "life". the story is just about to begin.., Dee ;)

Dee said...

:) I wouldn't worry about it. Sim family trees hundreds of years from now will be something for them to debate.

I love your stories and always feel like I'm reading a novel.

Oh, I can't wait! I only have a short time this morning but I'll certainly be back tonight or whenever you post the update.

I wonder if I'm right about her father. I know, I have to wait to find out. It's going to be so good no matter who her father turns out to be.

Di Al Martini said...

Awww... Thank you, Dee.

I am sorry I cannot post anything for today. Most of my spare time were spent to read other's blogs and stories instead and I am still editing the pictures for the next post. Oh my, I am so slow...
I'm really excited to see the answers of the voting. One of the options is the answer. Maybe some are ridiculous :P But, I noticed someone answered that I was the one who responsible :D . Yeah, that's correct! So, I guess there are two answers, then.

Di Al Martini said...

Well, her life hasn't been lucky, maybe she was the descendant of Tragic Clown :D

Unknown said...

Hahaha. ^^ I was being a smartass I answered two options, one of which you being responsible. Bwahahahaha.

Well, it's true, ain't it? Hehehe.

We'll be waiting for when you post, MJ, But take your time!

Di Al Martini said...

Oh, Hi Kaleeko! You almost surprised me there.
I've just looked at your reply on my comment in your blog.
Now I wonder what your other answer is. Let me guess. Is it a man who died with Ms. Eve inside the car?

I think most of us is chatty. Maybe PiB can put a chat forum in Sims 3 Group Blog? :D Just a thought.

PiB - Nicarra said...

Hi MJ,
I'd like comments from your blogs sent to my email...I am *so* not keeping up to date with them! Can you set this up?

Dee said...

I'll be here when you do post M.J.

PiB - Nicarra said...

Oh, and I picked two in your poll. :)

Di Al Martini said...

Hi, PiB. Thank you for your votes. I've just added you to the comment mailing list. Please inform me if you don't see them in your email.

PiB - Nicarra said...

Thanks MJ, it's working!

Dee said...

Am I on the list? I can't remember if I am always clicking subscribe or if I receive them automatically. If not put me there please. Clicking subscribe has become a habit. I know I receive updates on the new post but not on the same day they are posted.

Di Al Martini said...

I have added you, Dee :). The post is sent by the feed burner at 3 a.m - 5 a.m. Central US & Canada time.

Dee said...

Thank you M.J.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site dreams-upon-pillow.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Di Al Martini said...

That is possible.
Of course, I would like to know about your site first :) Just leave the address here and I will check it out.

Di Al Martini said...

Oh, Yeah, By the way, Anonymous. Thanks for reading this!

seaweedy said...

From Seaweedy,
Thank you for all your wonderful comments on the Notorious Legacy. I am so glad I found this epic romance, they are a beautiful couple.