July 3, 2010

The Love of a Firefighter Part 2/5 An Intro - The Dream

****

Her skin was soft and warm when he touched her. She was still fragile that it made him feel hesitated to let her go when the time finally came that they must be parted. If  he were granted a wish, he wanted to hold her  and shield her forever. But, no matter how eager he was, he knew he could not shield her forever and by doing so would only make him the most selfish man in the universe. How could he protect her, if her heart were the most fragile part? Just like his or anyone else. At least, he should have been content to have her and to be able to love her unconditionally.

For him, she was the purest thing he has ever seen. Her  innocent eyes and chubby cheeks added  cuteness when she smiled back at him. He took her out from the crib and then snuggled her, the fragile and delicate little child, the most important thing in his life beside of his wife. He was amazed from the first time he saw her through the glass window of the hospital room and was so thrilled for finally able to bring her home...  safe and healthy without any deficiency -- to become a mommy's and daddy's little girl,  to earn so much attention from them. Certainly, she was one lucky little girl who  gave joy for both of her parents when she was brought into this world.





Slowly, he put her down into the crib as his wife came and brought some diapers with her. Still not taking his eyes off  his baby, he said: "See her, baby? She looks a lot like me."

"Indeed." The wife answered him after a glance look at their new born baby. She contemplated it for a while. "Everything, except for her eyes. I'm glad she didn't inherit them from you, honey." She smiled, leaving him flustered over the statement. She walked away to put the diapers into a drawer not very far from the crib.

"What's wrong with my eyes?" He shrugged. Turning around to her when she had just finished closed the drawer.

The question left her with a smile upon her face -- as though she knew every little deep secret about the man she was married to. For a while, she enjoyed the little victory over the puzzle on his face.

"You were once a bad boy, and you're still. You used those eyes to get women's attention, didn't you?" She remarked.

"I did?" He questioned back, but with a smile and his flirting eyes, he said: "Baby, I forgot about that. You were once  amazed by my eyes  that you could not stand to live without me since then, right?" He winked, trying to tease her. It made her struggle --  defending her fort he had often able to breakthrough.

"Don't be too proud on it just yet, Mister." She said sternly, "If you do that again to another woman, I'll make sure that you will get a first-class at the Twinbrook Foundation Hospital and then... I will find myself another man."

"What? Babe?"

"I'm kidding- " She said after she noticed the look on his face, smiling gently at the fool in front of her, "I couldn't possibly make you hurt or pinch your nose only to make you feel pain. Though, I do love to pinch it a little." She said, pinching his nose with care. "It's just..." She put her arms around his waist, slowly embracing him with her love, "Don't you even think trying to hurt me by leaving me for another woman. I will surely hunt you down, Mister. Can't you see I want to grow old with you? I love you... I love you from the very first moment before you even  noticed me." She said, leaning closely on his chest. Her soft and tender touches did the wonder, and he could not barely resist her for a second.




Both were immersed in a passionate kiss, as though they have just only become a married couple in a  few days. They stopped when they heard their baby's crying.


"I must say she's probably jealous of me now." he said, opening his eyes. His wife laughed  and gave a quick-soft kiss upon his lips, "It's my turn, honey." She said, hurrying off to check on the baby.


She picked up their baby  and then held her in her arms."You're feeling hungry now, Keanna?" She snuggled her, sitting on the side of the bed and put the baby on her chest. Her fingers reached for the upper buttons of her blouse. 

Every time she did this -- breastfeeding her -- she felt a wonderful and magical feeling all over her. It was a special moment for her for being able to connect emotionally with her baby.

It made her husband feeling so envy, for seeing the intimate and secluded moment between the mother and  child. She stroked her hair and cuddled her baby in her arms while doing so. It was probably one of the advantages of being a woman that he could never had. He hurried off to grab his camera and turned it on to record the memory of two of them. At least... he would be able to rewind the special moments of his dear loved ones whenever he wanted to. 

He asked her to look at the camera and smile. She was so shy yet so proud at the same time. She had never felt so much bliss throughout her life -- for finally have everything she wanted -- a husband,  her baby resting in her arms.

After feeding their baby, she felt stiff around her back and neck.  She lied down on the bed with the baby beside her. "Are you going to record us the whole day, honey?" She asked.

It took him a while to put the camera down on a table and joined them both on the bed. He laid beside them with their baby on the center. He wasn't sleeping, still looking at  them with full of amazement. His wife often found him stroked the baby's cheek. 

"Shouldn't you go to work now?" She asked.

"I have a day off." He answered. "Our girl is so beautiful, Lila. I bet, she will have lots of boys falling for her when she grows up." He said to his wife and made her laugh a little to hear it. 

"There'll be plenty of time until then, and she's not going to do anything without our permission yet."

"I know." He answered, touching the baby's arm gently. "I must watch over those guys when the time comes. But, I  hope that she's going to look a lot like you, so  perfect in my eyes." 

His words flattered her, but with humility, she said: "I'm not perfect, honey, but somehow you've completed me and made me perfect as much as I always see you perfectly. Remember how many times you often complained about me and how many times I've complained about you?" She said, remembering the times when they were arguing or when she complained about his bad habits. "Nonetheless, the life we have shared together was so wonderful that it made those arguments worth nothing. I just hope... that this will last forever... That is all  I want."

He smiled at her.  It was also the greatest desire in his life. "I promised that this will last forever. I would do anything to keep everything we have already had together ...  to keep you and our baby with me for always." 

He reached for her arms, and then the three of them fell asleep so close to one another.


 ***

I woke up that morning by the sound of birds chirping at the neighbor's yard. I've never felt so happy in my entire life -- to have my life was so complete and full -- but as I observed the surrounding,  it came to me that it was merely a dream. I had to swallow the truth that she had left me at the altar. I was alone without a wife or a child beside me. Without the woman, I loved so deeply.

The dream had gone as the morning came, not to mention a fact that the woman sleeping on my bed was another woman instead of her.





Theme Song : "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" by Air Supply.




Notes: I have to divide this in two parts: An Intro and End of Chapter. End of Chapter is coming soon... and Oops the intro was quite long, I guess.

11 comments:

Dee said...

Oh MJ, this is so beautiful. No the intro was not too long. I knew it had to be a dream while I was reading it and it gave me chills to think about it and how sad he would be when he woke up to learn it was all a dream.

Di Al Martini said...

Thank you, Dee. I am glad that you like it. I'm still working on the next update. Had to select pics I am going to use because I don't want to use them all. But, it's so hard :). In this post, as you have read, there were only 3 pics. I decided that I am not going to limit the story only because of little animations. So, I hope that what I wrote could described the situation. But, the storyline is not crossing what happened on the game, at least the outline.

Unknown said...

Picking which screenshots to use is always difficult for me, too. :) I'm really looking forward to the next post!

I really feel for Dave. First he gets stood up, then he falls into bed with someone else, then he dreams of what could've been... If it were me, it would've felt more like a nightmare.

Your writing is gorgeous, as well. :)

Dee said...

No matter how it ends up, I am sure I am going to love it, even if it's sad. These sims tend to want to do things their way sometimes.

As you already know, I have a terrible time not using all my screenshots. If I did use them all I would never get through a story. I can play for a few hours and take way too many pics.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. I think you have a knack for picking and taking just the right pictures. I'm like Dee. I'm snapping away at everything. :)

PiB - Nicarra said...

Just lovely. Poor Dave dreaming of the life he wants so very much. And waking to the reality of being left at the altar.

Berry said...

So lovely, and as usual beautiful sets. I love the wedding setup its gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at dreams-upon-pillow.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Daniel

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog, I hadn't noticed dreams-upon-pillow.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Carry on the excellent work!

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at dreams-upon-pillow.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
William

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at www.dreams-upon-a-pillow.com.

Can I use part of the information from your blog post above if I provide a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Peter